CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #21
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: Matt's Training Log

Oooh your logs finally turned hot!!

No as you probably read on my log no CFT for me today, I think its come around to quick anyway, not had enough time to improve on the lifts since the last time I did it (2.5 weeks).

Told you about the ice, ice is the king and works on most things just like Elvis. I have so far iced my back 3 times today, each elbow 2 times each and my shoulder 2 times so now I am ready for the gym. Below the waist everything feels unused (haha) so back squat will be good.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 07-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #22
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Quote:
Told you about the ice, ice is the king and works on most things just like Elvis. I have so far iced my back 3 times today, each elbow 2 times each and my shoulder 2 times so now I am ready for the gym. Below the waist everything feels unused (haha) so back squat will be good.
Yes I should have listened to you on that one. Have been told to ice it about 5-6 times a day due to it being a long standing injury. New ones shouldnt require so much. Doing it on work days will be the trickiest
Old 07-29-2008, 05:43 AM   #23
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Tuesday 080729

1st day of not making my lower back worse, so started off with stretching.

Shoulder Press 5x5

40/50/52.5/50/50

5 Muscle Ups + 50 Squats - 4 Rounds for time

15:20 (Previous attempt 13:23.8)

Finished with some cable work on arms. Then a repeat of my stretching for lower back.

Not a day of PR's but felt like I'd worked hard without hurting myself which is good. MU's didnt feel as fluid today, first two rounds I had a few failed attempts, then got into the rhythm of them. Squats felt ok, maybe quicker. Now at home icing my back and sitting properly. The next few weeks better fly by
Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 AM   #24
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Williams View Post
Not a day of PR's but felt like I'd worked hard without hurting myself which is good.
This is what matters, still getting work done without making injuries worse, I too had a day like that yesterday, no heroics but still solid work done.

Just tried to goad a few more entries on the pull-up challenge by putting a "Wheres the Pull-up Monsters" thread on competitions so hopefully someone will try and beat my 10 min pull-up score soon.

HELEN should be fun keeping the pull-up station tonight then going over the the running machines. have to make myself a SUPERSET IN PROGRESS sign!!!
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #25
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
This is what matters, still getting work done without making injuries worse, I too had a day like that yesterday, no heroics but still solid work done.
Yeah it's going be a frustrating time, lots of pressing to do done I suppose, maybe a cindy every week! Since getting home I've stiffened up a bit, have been told to expect this due to the amount of stretching I have to do. Guess it's hitting parts that have been left alone for too long.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:34 AM   #26
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Wednesday 080730

Cindy - 5 Pull Ups, 10 Press Ups, 15 Squats

15 Rounds + 5 Pull Ups & 4 Press Ups (PR)

Another PR, very happy. My aim was to get 14 Rounds or more. Will look forward to doing this one again soon, cannot wait to be getting 20 rounds plus, could be a while though.

Close Grip Pull Ups - 4 Sets of 5 reps

Dumbell Shoulder Press

12.5(12), 17.5(10), 22.5(10), 30(4) all weights in Kg.

Nothing spectacular in the shoulder press but didnt expect it too be after 154 press ups. Before Crossfit my PR was 30kg for 6 so haven't lost anything there and on a fresh day I reckon I'm smash that
Old 07-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #27
Dave Newman

Profile:

Hey Matt - re: your bad back. I've had issues for years and spent probably thousand on physio, accupuncture, chiro etc, all to no effect.

Then I was told about a system called TAMARS or Power Assisted Micro Manipulation. After literally one session I woke up the next without any back pain for the first time in 3 years....That was eight months ago and I've only had slight pain since with ongoing maintainence every 6 weeks or so. At the moment I've not been for around 2 months or so and have had no pain in this time.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think this is a micrale cure....I know good posture, taylored workouts for weak muscles, etc are all vital, but for me this has definetly helped a lot.

Check out:

http://www.tamars.co.uk/en-GB/Default.aspx
(i know this one's not in your local area, but is it real bad then it may be worth considering)

http://www.pambackcare.com.au/pam_theory.htm
(as the url says - its the theory behind it)
Old 07-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #28
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Newman View Post
Hey Matt - re: your bad back. I've had issues for years and spent probably thousand on physio, accupuncture, chiro etc, all to no effect.

Then I was told about a system called TAMARS or Power Assisted Micro Manipulation. After literally one session I woke up the next without any back pain for the first time in 3 years....That was eight months ago and I've only had slight pain since with ongoing maintainence every 6 weeks or so. At the moment I've not been for around 2 months or so and have had no pain in this time.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think this is a micrale cure....I know good posture, taylored workouts for weak muscles, etc are all vital, but for me this has definetly helped a lot.

Check out:

http://www.tamars.co.uk/en-GB/Default.aspx
(i know this one's not in your local area, but is it real bad then it may be worth considering)

http://www.pambackcare.com.au/pam_theory.htm
(as the url says - its the theory behind it)
Hi Dave, thanks for the info, will give that a good read.

Having been to the Osteopath on Monday I have done everything she told me to do and I'm happy to say I can feel a slight affect already. The stretching is making my back less sore now and I tend not to stiffen up as much. I've got another appointment this Monday but I reckon if I keep this up I should start really seeing the benefits in the weeks to come (can't come along quick enough!). I still get a slight pain when sitting but this is expected as its only early stages.

How did your back pain start?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:29 AM   #29
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Saturday 080802

Row 1000 meters (Sub 1000m run)
85 pound Thruster, 21 reps
15 Pull-ups
7:27

Row 750 meters (Sub 750m run)
85 pound Thruster, 18 reps
12 Pull-ups
7:00

Row 500 meters (Sub 500m run)
85 pound Thruster, 15 reps
9 Pull-ups
5:05

Rest 2 minutes between each round. Time each round separately

30 Muscle-ups for time - 12:36 (previous time 9:35.10 with jumping PU's)

1st WOD was a hard one today, had to break up thrusters and pull ups, but all runs unbroken

Had a rest while training partner did his turn then 30 MU's for time. Glad to get it done as after first WOD shoulders felt tired, they recovered ok and only had one failed attempt on rep 9. With a bit more practice this time will fall. Working tonight and tomorrow night so next day to train is Monday
Old 08-04-2008, 04:33 AM   #30
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Monday 080804

Visit Osteopath

2nd appointment with osteopath and all going well. She said since last week my standing posture has improved and my flexibility is gettign better as well, the the stretches seem to working well. Had some more manipulation on my back, the sound of your own back cracking is very odd. Asked if I could train after and advised that I shouldn't as my back might be tender. So I went anyway and avoided anything lower back related :S

Bench Press

50(15) 80(8) 85(5) 85(5) 85(5) 50(12) 50(10)

Just wanted to do a bit of bodyweight benching for 3x5. Went ok, not feeling as strong as a month ago, maybe I've been doing it too much? I dont know.

Got my rings out for some muscle up practice. Did a few then really tried practicing the negative part. Am coming down quite quick so need to work on that but today is the first day I actually managed it a few times. Nearly got a 2nd MU in a row but just didnt pull high enough. Bit more work and I'm having it.

Did some ring dips then decided to do 3 sets of maximum kipping pull ups.

Kipping PU's
21, 12, 10