CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-21-2008, 04:21 AM   #501
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Macaulay View Post
I think you look pretty fat in that pic....fatty lol. Just messing bro, awesome pic, u look shredded!! Good wheels on you!!

I was like you as a kid. Used to always be buzzing about doing a sport,ran middle distance to. Spent a few years of weight lifting geting stronger but not any bigegr due to lack of cals. then really cranked up protein intake and boom, weight went on. I eat alot,but im fairly big (205-210 at 6'1 isnt huge, but above average), so have to eat quite alot just to maintain, and im tryinto get the scale moving up slowly with good weight, so that means 6 meals a day+shake after gym, and lots of milk lol.

Ricky
Thanks Ricky, I see your videos and now I believe you are 6'1, in your avatar you look shorter or you must be sitting down. Your gym looks like a good old fashioned sawdust on the floor place. None like that where i live unless i train in London.

Great work on the Power Clean 90k your form looked very good so not a bad powerclean as you named it. Good weight as well. 100k is a Clean and Jerk goal for me by the end of the year.

Just had to edit: realised I had not said how I see your gym. I have been following you... lol
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com

Last edited by Scott Jenkins : 08-21-2008 at 04:23 AM. Reason: RE: how i see Rickys gym
Old 08-21-2008, 04:58 AM   #502
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Thanks Ricky, I see your videos and now I believe you are 6'1, in your avatar you look shorter or you must be sitting down. Your gym looks like a good old fashioned sawdust on the floor place. None like that where i live unless i train in London.

Great work on the Power Clean 90k your form looked very good so not a bad powerclean as you named it. Good weight as well. 100k is a Clean and Jerk goal for me by the end of the year.

Just had to edit: realised I had not said how I see your gym. I have been following you... lol
haha thanks bro. Its our rugby club store, next vid il pan round the hole room. It has scrummage machine in it, vertical climber, 40Kg's worth of Db's and the other things you could see.

Im shocked you didnt believe me lol.
Thanks, had i done squat cleans i think i could have got 100Kg's, as it would have been easier catching the weight, but that wasnt my target yesterday!!

I think yiou'll nail 100Kh clean and jerk no probs mate, i would of thought you could have done it by now!!

Ricky
Old 08-21-2008, 05:03 AM   #503
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

at the thong remark. Scott, you're a beast, that pic is impressive !!!

I also thought Ricky was a shorter guy, that's funny

Scott, you'll C&J 100kg for sure, it's all about gaining that confidence to get under the bar.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:07 AM   #504
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek View Post
at the thong remark. Scott, you're a beast, that pic is impressive !!!

I also thought Ricky was a shorter guy, that's funny

Scott, you'll C&J 100kg for sure, it's all about gaining that confidence to get under the bar.
I cant believe you guys didnt believe me.lol.

Im sitting in my avatar.

Im actually surprised he hasnt dont it already. I think i could squat clean 100Kgs, not sure about the Jerk though. Scott with your numbers i think you'l get that way before the turn of the year!!

Ricky
Old 08-21-2008, 05:10 AM   #505
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Richard & Ricky - Its the Jerk thats not happening at the moment , if I miss in my gym I have to catch the bar which would re-injure my shoulders. Im not scared of the weight or the pain I am afraid of injury causing time off.

They have a Rugby scrum in the field near my house , I tried to move it when I was doing my running... STUBBORN BL**DY THING, it just dug into the ground.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 08-21-2008, 05:16 AM   #506
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

I jerked 100kg but I had to drop the bar after and everybody jumped in the gym, it's a little embarassing. It's very dangerous if you miss too, the spot where I lift is very narrow, I would break the mirrors or kill myself in the rack lol I wish we all had a lifting platform mate.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:27 AM   #507
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek View Post
I jerked 100kg but I had to drop the bar after and everybody jumped in the gym, it's a little embarassing. It's very dangerous if you miss too, the spot where I lift is very narrow, I would break the mirrors or kill myself in the rack lol I wish we all had a lifting platform mate.
Oow not cool.

You saw the plates i use, there normal weight, but smaller and definately dont bounce. The mat i was lifting on is actually a scrummage machine mat, so you can dig your feet in a bit. So i hear what your saying guys, i cant drop weight either, wether its a good or bad lift. Everything is returned to shoulders. How i lowered the bar after those OHS is the closest i can come to dropping the bar.

Commercial Gyms in europe dont seem to generally have bumper plates or ilfting platforms.

Ricky
Old 08-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #508
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Thursday 21st August 2008

HELEN

3 rounds for time:
Run 400m
21 DB Swings 25k
12 Pull Ups - 8.25 PR (old PR 8.49)

Pleased to get a PR but I was on target for sub 8 after two rounds then totally lost it on the last round. You can stay on your ***** week Richard as I didnt beat your PR.

Ring Push Ups - 24 - 15 - 10 - 12
Only 30 seconds rest between sets.

FRONT SQUAT
5 sets building up weight until.
90k x 2 x 4 x 3
Old 08-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #509
Christin Street

Profile:

WOW- Nice job with Helen. It's a good one! I was 2 min behind (and doing jumping PUs).
Old 08-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #510
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post

Pleased to get a PR but I was on target for sub 8 after two rounds then totally lost it on the last round. You can stay on your ***** week Richard as I didnt beat your PR.