CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #5001
Ernie Guevara

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Good job on kempies challenge mate! That's definitely a tough one with those squat clean thrusters. I know that's the part that's gonna do me in! Are saving Fran for tomorrow? I'm gonna hit it today and try my best to finally get in the 3 minute range. Oh and about the shorts, those are my " I just built me a pair of parallettes and couldn't wait to use them" shorts! I managed to only get 2 hspu in a row with them. Ten times harder. I'm not sure if my head is supposed to touch the floor or not but that's how I did them. Good stuff!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:44 AM   #5002
Lee Hill

Profile:

NIce challenge score Scott, things started to go a bit sideways from round 2 with me also. I did swings with 25KG dumbell and they caned me. Leon is always on my case for not getting enough leg and hip into my swing.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #5003
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Hill View Post
NIce challenge score Scott, things started to go a bit sideways from round 2 with me also. I did swings with 25KG dumbell and they caned me. Leon is always on my case for not getting enough leg and hip into my swing.
It's for not extending the knee and the hip fella, when you hit it right the swing is almost effortless. You did pretty well with the 2 pood the other night during the chipper but you have to be consistent with the reps.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #5004
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Awesome work on FGB and the challenge mate. That FGB must have hurt big time!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #5005
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
Awesome stuff with the rxFGB Scott, thats a great score. Thats a nice score on the weekly challenge as well. I can tell that one is going to hurt my insides alot. The heavy SQT and swing combo seem like a recipe for pain.
Thanks Jesse, two very hard workouts there, getting hard to keep up with main page right now. Good to hit FGB in an affiliate with a real box to jump onto, my numbers went down so badly after using a bench press bench to jump on before, its good to show up a weakness to work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
Good job on kempies challenge mate! That's definitely a tough one with those squat clean thrusters. I know that's the part that's gonna do me in! Are saving Fran for tomorrow? I'm gonna hit it today and try my best to finally get in the 3 minute range. Oh and about the shorts, those are my " I just built me a pair of parallettes and couldn't wait to use them" shorts! I managed to only get 2 hspu in a row with them. Ten times harder. I'm not sure if my head is supposed to touch the floor or not but that's how I did them. Good stuff!
You will be fine with it Ernie, probably beat my score, for some reason the swings really hurt in this combo and the C2B pull ups felt like the rest. Good luck with Fran, I will be hitting her tomorrow, not decided whether to go at her C2B or normal as normal hurts much more.

Nice looking parallettes, look a lot like Richards and your hands look about level with your shoulders at the bottom so thats all good. Your shorts look like golfers shorts. PS my DIY skills are severely lacking and you would not catch me upside down on anything I built myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Hill View Post
Thanks Lee, I see your score and was gunning for it, went off at a 9 round pace but could not keep it up, after 4 minutes I knew it wasnt happening. Great work on your 8 plus rounds, you must of been flying on that 1st round to get it in 35 seconds, I done it all consecutive, touch n go etc and got 55 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
Awesome work on FGB and the challenge mate. That FGB must have hurt big time!
Thanks Leon, the FGB hurt a lot more than the challenge, more muscular pain on that one.

Everyone at the affiliate really laughed at me after I finished FGB, I was really trying to talk but couldnt get anything understandable out, the beer afterwards definately tasted good.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 10-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #5006
Leon Robotham

Profile:

I really appreciate a nice cold beer after a pretty taxing session, it's heaven haha
Old 10-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #5007
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
I really appreciate a nice cold beer after a pretty taxing session, it's heaven haha
We do it every Friday now at the box, as soon as the last man is finished out come the Stella's.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 10-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #5008
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Great job on the FGB and challenge. You are a beast Scott. I don't think I have broke 300 yet.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #5009
Matthew Green

Profile:

Todays CFFB workout looks pretty pointless for me 21-15-9 of bench and dips....... which in my sub world would be dips and dips. Might have a go at Kempies challange, haven't done swings in this gym yet, I may be there for some time tonight attempting to explain 'what muscles' i'm using
Old 10-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #5010
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Green View Post
Todays CFFB workout looks pretty pointless for me 21-15-9 of bench and dips....... which in my sub world would be dips and dips. Might have a go at Kempies challange, haven't done swings in this gym yet, I may be there for some time tonight attempting to explain 'what muscles' i'm using
You could do pushups for bench.