CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 02-14-2015, 11:25 AM   #11
Dan Koloski

Profile:
Re: Overhead squat help

Chris,
The for your comments, and taking the time to respond with that info.
Even before this news, I had been eating a Paleo with a couple cheat meals per week. Right now I am eating pretty strictly, incorporating Whole30 ideas.
I have been thinking about doing higher reps with lighter loads, instead of testing more 1RM frequently. I am 60 yo, so it's not like I was addicted to getting jacked up to the max anyway. I want to epitomize the CF goal of being capable of doing varied things physically across different energy domains. At least as much as my spine will let me.
I have stopped running, will continue to box jump but focus on a soft landing on the box and a step down.
Agree about anti inflammation focus, not just in food but stress-induced, even stuff like shampoo and body wash. Skin is a semipermeable membrane and all.
As you suggest, I'm researching the hell out of this condition.
Again, thanks for your advice.
Dan