CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
Chris Mills

Profile:
Zen Planner Users and Merchant Accounts

Any Zen Planner users out there want to share their experiences with any of the merchant accounts you can use? They all look pretty similar, hard to tell until you sign up.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
Ron Murray

Profile:
Re: Zen Planner Users and Merchant Accounts

ZenPlanner + Authorize.net = smooth sailing.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Joe Valenzuela

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Murray View Post
ZenPlanner + Authorize.net = smooth sailing.
Ditto.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Amy Penner

Profile:
Cool Re: Zen Planner Users and Merchant Accounts

I realize I know NOTHING!!! So I thank you in advance for your understanding. So, if I have ZP and authorize.net and a business bank account that's all I need for the money processing part?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
Ron Murray

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Penner View Post
I realize I know NOTHING!!! So I thank you in advance for your understanding. So, if I have ZP and authorize.net and a business bank account that's all I need for the money processing part?
ideally, yes.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Jeff Stanek

Profile:

ZenPlanner + GMS here, easy peasy.

Matt Mussett at GMS is doing some great deals for our members that cannot be beat. They're really easy to communicate with as well if you wanted to drop them an email (they realize we're gym rats, not bankers). /plug

ZP makes life easy!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
Ben Pate

Profile:

Ben from Zen Planner here. The credit card industry is a mess, with so many similar, but overlapping services it IS hard to figure out which end is up. We've tried to make this process easier, while still allowing box owners to have a choice in which companies they work with. With that said, here are a few pointers:

To accept credit cards online, you need a MERCHANT ACCOUNT, from a provider like PaySimple, Capital Payments, or GMS. Local banks will often provide merchant accounts, although their rates are usually NOT competitive with dedicated providers.

@Amy, You mentioned having "Authorize.net" -- which is a part of the puzzle. This is a "gateway" that connects merchant accounts to an online service (like Zen Planner). Most merchant account providers will include a gateway with their service. Zen Planner supports a bunch of gateways (with even more names to sift through), so that we can connect to the widest range of merchant accounts possible. In general, focus on the merchant account provider, and the gateway will work itself out.

If you've already got a merchant account that includes an Authorize.net gateway, then you're all set to go. Just plug your Authorize.net credentials into Zen Planner and you can process payments through Zen Planner immediately.

I hope this helps. If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to chat with our sales team, who can walk through this setup in greater detail, and can help you see if it makes sense to switch over to one of our partners, or to keep the merchant account that you already have.

Best wishes, and thanks to everyone for the shout-out for Zen Planner. You guys rock.

--
Ben Pate
Founder, Zen Planner