CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #141
Peyton Knippel

Profile:

Re: Peyton's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Walker View Post
Great job Peyton!! I didn't know about the 3 min rest in between when I did it!
That's like when I didn't catch the fact that over the obstacle twice counted as one rep on virtual shoveling...DOH!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #142
Benjammin Gartner

Profile:

Good job on barb. I didn't catch the 3 minute rest either. I too was D-U-N DUN after this wod.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #143
Christin Street

Profile:

Nice job on Barbara, Peyton! You didn't lost much time on each round (like maybe 30 sec?) which is fantastic.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #144
Peyton Knippel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Nice job on Barbara, Peyton! You didn't lost much time on each round (like maybe 30 sec?) which is fantastic.
Yea, from round 3 to 4 I made a 30 second loss. On round 4 I hit a ridiculous wall on the sit-ups. Had no speed left in me for some reason and my kip on my pull-ups was just retarded.

Final round I was a lil faster on the sit-ups but the push-ups rocked my world.

Today I took a rest day from the main site. Got a brand new pure bred golden retriever pup today though! 9 weeks old and his name is Brody. We had to put our dachshund down this weekend because he wasn't well. It was really tough but it was the right decision. Since we're a two dog kind of family and our Springer needed a buddy, Kristan and I decided upon a larger breed dog to compliment our Springer Spaniel's size and we also wanted a dog that was more resilient and adaptable to the outdoors/water etc. Also Golden Retriever's are some of the quickest learning/trainable dogs, which was also a factor. He's a cute 9 week ball of golden fluff right now but from the looks of his papa and how big he is right now, he's gunna be a big ol boy. He appears to be pretty laid back and mellow about everything. Our Springer, Abby loves him too. It will be interesting to see how the first night goes As soon as the camera is charged back up, I'll be posting pictures of our new pup!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #145
Julie Temlak

Profile:

Hey Peyton, congrats on the new pup! We just got a new pup too. Her name is Alex and she is a 12 week old german shepherd/yellow lab mix. Adorable and smart as a whip. Good luck with night #1! Are you crate training?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:15 AM   #146
Peyton Knippel

Profile:

Julie,

Thanks for stopping by!

We are crate training and night one honestly wasn't that bad, considering. I'm not sure if he's just really shy or if he's just that mellow, because he whined for maybe 2 minutes when we initially put him in his crate. (scattered with yummy dry kibble and toys all over) Other than that, he whined maybe every two hours or so because he needed to go outside. He's a little more than two months, and they tell you about 1 hour of bladder control for every month. My only concern with letting him out to go pee when he whines is if he's learning that by whining he gets out of his kennel. I'm not sure if that's only associated with him whining for no reason in his kennel or whining period. I think it also helped that we had a blanket that we had rubbed all over his sisters and mom and dad before we brought him home. How is your pup coming along?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:30 AM   #147
Keith Walker

Profile:

Congrats on the new pup!

They are quite a bit of work but it's worth it. I know what you mean about crate training (I trained 3 little ones in the crate but eventually when they got old enough they were free from the crate!).

Be consistent is my best advice!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #148
Benjammin Gartner

Profile:

Dude- I get married, then you get married, I get a golden, then you get a golden. Whats next---a bandit? haha. Seriously though excellent choice! From experience kinda of "encourage" the pup to chill in his crate. I would let sitka go in it after a long outside play session, give her a treat and she would be passed out in no time. Nowadays she usually sleeps in her crate even if we are home(crate is always open) and when we are leaving to run errands or go to work she voluntarily goes right to it....it's pretty cool, the crate is a place where she can go to feel safe and be able to relax.

Im really sorry you've had such bad luck with dogs, I hope the golden spruces up that streak! You had better get some pictures of her up! I'm going to send you some good reading material on pups.

Remember this little face?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1402_resize.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	3381  
Old 01-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #149
Matt Bahen

Profile:

Sorry to hear about your Dachshund Peyton. Always tough to lose a loved one. Congrats on the new Golden pup and can't wait to see the pics!

My $0.02 on the whining/getting out of crate thing: our 2 labs would whine to let us know they needed out at night when they were little but once they were old enough for us to leave them in their crates for a couple hours while we were running errands they seemed to "grow" outta that. Guess if they whined when we were out and they didn't get out of the crate it broke that habit. Again, just my thoughts! Crate training is the BEST!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #150
Peyton Knippel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjammin Gartner View Post
Dude- I get married, then you get married, I get a golden, then you get a golden. Whats next---a bandit? haha. Seriously though excellent choice! From experience kinda of "encourage" the pup to chill in his crate. I would let sitka go in it after a long outside play session, give her a treat and she would be passed out in no time. Nowadays she usually sleeps in her crate even if we are home(crate is always open) and when we are leaving to run errands or go to work she voluntarily goes right to it....it's pretty cool, the crate is a place where she can go to feel safe and be able to relax.

Im really sorry you've had such bad luck with dogs, I hope the golden spruces up that streak! You had better get some pictures of her up! I'm going to send you some good reading material on pups.

Remember this little face?
Hell yea I remember the golden nugget! She's one of the reasons I was so stoked about getting a golden. Thanks for the tid bit on crate training as far as post romping goes. Mucho goodo informations man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Walker View Post
Congrats on the new pup!

They are quite a bit of work but it's worth it. I know what you mean about crate training (I trained 3 little ones in the crate but eventually when they got old enough they were free from the crate!).

Be consistent is my best advice!
I agree! As Kristan and I drove home last night we were running over our big plan and "we must be consistent" was the resounding theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bahen View Post
Sorry to hear about your Dachshund Peyton. Always tough to lose a loved one. Congrats on the new Golden pup and can't wait to see the pics!

My $0.02 on the whining/getting out of crate thing: our 2 labs would whine to let us know they needed out at night when they were little but once they were old enough for us to leave them in their crates for a couple hours while we were running errands they seemed to "grow" outta that. Guess if they whined when we were out and they didn't get out of the crate it broke that habit. Again, just my thoughts! Crate training is the BEST!
Once again, couldn't agree more. He really rocked out last night. Other than needing to do his bidness he didn't whine at all. I love labs too btw! Crate training is crucial. All dogs I've had, other than the dachshund and our springer, they've all loved the kennel. The Springer has no problem being in her kennel once she's there, she just doesn't seek it out, nor did Jake. Wildest thing though, Kristan came into the bedroom to find Abby passed out in Brody's (the new pup) kennel. Abby has a solid plastic kennel with slits and Brody's is the wire type. I'm wondering if that is a factor for her.

Any way!

Today's wod of 7 single rep max's

175 (PR)

Maxed out at 15# more than my body weight

Honestly, that 175 wasn't an explosion at the top. Had to use a bit of strength (if you could call it that) to get her up (so to speak). I also thought I was thrusting 170. I grabbed two 5# weights thinking they were 2.5'ers. I honestly think if I had known I was trying 175 I would have mentally F'd myself. So, not a bad day

And without further adieu....I present to you "Brody". His AKC name is "Golden Charley's Brody of the Beach"....Golden and Charley are in reference to his dam and sire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0516.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	3384   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0517.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	3385   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0519.JPG
Views:	81