CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 08-15-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
Mike Riess

Profile:
The day after Friday 070810 (still on the main WOD page) I woke up with some nasty wrist pain the next day...my right wrist has been popping like crazy and feeling pretty weak, even motions like turning the steering wheel i find somewhat painful, if not stressful. Exercises like pullups and dips are manageable still though, but holding the bar in a post-clean position across my shoulders, or pushing up where there is stress on my wrist is pretty painful. Wondering if there is any advice on healing, if I should be worried, or if it is a common beginning pain (just started crossfit two weeks ago). Thanks.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
Trevor Thompson

Profile:

i pulled my wrist a long time back when i was starting, just ice it and let it relax some. i wasn't too worried about it...
Old 08-15-2007, 08:51 PM   #3
Elliot Royce

Profile:
It's probably a common beginning pain but that doesn't mean that you should disregard it. Simple answer: avoid things that create the pain for a few weeks.

You can work on stretching your wrists in the meantime.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:43 AM   #4
Kevin McMillan

Profile:
advice on healing, RICE rest ice compression elevate, next, prevention is with from.... whne you are moving the bar (as per coachs instructions) use a full grip and keep yours wrists strong and sturdy straight, youll increase grip sand wrist strength from the get go, if you are moving(squat etx) then use a monkey grip if your more comfy
Old 08-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #5
Jonathan Thomas Powers

Profile:
Would anyone encorage taping ones wrist for a while? I was having a similar issue and was wondering about tape. Also, is there a right/wrong way to tape?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
tape or wrist wraps will give you some support but it does nothing for strengthening the musculature. If my wrists are aggravating me during overhead reps, I'll wrap.

If the problem persists even with taping/wrapping, and RICE, I'd have it looked at.