CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 08-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
Matthew Vesey

Profile:
Re: Garage Gyms Unite!

I am SO on board with this. If any one is ever travelling to Ottawa, Canada,feel free to pm me for a WOD. My gym is posted in the Equipment section.
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 08-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #12
Jana Frank

Profile:

I'm in. I work out on my own and sometimes a training partner would be great to have around. I'm also moving to another town, Trieste, and am looking for a garage gym there.

If this doesn't work out, I'm always in for a workout in a park with some improvisation.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
Chris J. Campbell

Profile:

I love this concept!
Keep me in the loop for whatever develops at ccampbell@amp90.com
I train in my garage north of Toronto, ON (in Alliston) and love the idea of dropping in to a fellow garage gym enthusiast when travelling.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
Joe C Thomas

Profile:

I think it sounds pretty sweet, but I do have a couple of issues.

1. How do you keep your address from being open to anyone with an internet connection? I mean, I have a family, and I'm not too keen on just anybody knowing where I live. Maybe have some type of registration process where you have to contact that particular Garage Gymer to get their address.
2. How do you keep from a)sketchy folks showing up and b)sketchy "gym" locales? I guess the first part could be solved by a registration process and prior contact, but the second maybe you could require everyone take pics/video of their workout space and post them on their profile or something. I mean it's cool to have a workout partner, but if all you got is set 10# DBs in a dangerous neighborhood, thanks but no thanks.

So, I guess my suggestion would be a registry that has a profile of your "Gym" and some info about you. I also think insurance is a huge issue, I mean, if someone comes to my house and hurts their back with my weights, am I going to be liable?

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer, and I do think it sounds like a cool idea, just wanted to throw that out there.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

I would be interested, Southern Colorado has a gym for you to use when your visiting. I have my gym posted in the equipment page as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
Lan Halbert

Profile:

I like the idea however as Joe said there is a risk when dealing with the unknown. With that said I am a staunch believer in vigorously exercising my 2nd Amendment rights.

I have a squat rack w/pull up bar, rogue rings, 2 barbells, only 1 set of 25lbs bumpers, about 450 lbs in total plates, iron fitness DBs up to 75lbs, dip chair, rubber training bands, and bench for all types of laying/seated bench work. I also have room to run, jump ropes, 1 sledgehammer and a tractor tire that weighs about 350lbs in the back yard, for flipping of course.

So if you're in the Bowie MD area and want/need a workout partner send me a PM with your information and we'll see if we can't schedule a work out.

Peace.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
Joe Frigo

Profile:

I think its a great idea too. I've posted on craigslist>>community>>activity partners but you get a lot of really weird people who might not be looking for anything in particular and i can say I've never given anyone my address from there.

A website would be great to find some people who are up for it.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #18
Josh Deets

Profile:

Great idea! I work all over Texas an would love to be able to find garage gyms. I'm in the process of putting together my garage gym I DFW area and would definitely open it up for folks to drop by.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 AM   #19
Joshua Biernacki

Profile:

I am a Garage Gym Crossfitter, and I write Garagegymjunkie.blogspot.com.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #20
Charles Golden

Profile:

This is a great idea, I hope it gets up and running. I'd love to know some other garage gym-ers in the West-o-plex area.
Grace - 1:58 Fran - 3:55 CFT - 985