CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #121
Rolando Santos

Profile:
Re: Compression Gear

Greg

I actually wear compression socks all the time for medical reasons. Are there any plans to make some all black or brown work worthy, business casual vesions? Would love to support my CF bretheren...
Old 08-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #122
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

I'm actually wearing the black ones at work right now. My calf/foot has been killing me and I wanted to wear them for a very extended period of time.

Would it be bad to wear them all day at work, when I get home and to bed? I might take them off to soak my foot in a cold bath but that's it. Anything wrong w keeping them on all day? I have a comp on Saturday and I'm trying to do anything possible to get better.

I don't usually wear them while working out because I think they look a little silly. Not Spun in particular, just any pair of super high socks. I hope that's not the time I should be wearing them the most and I've been slowing my recovery.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #123
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando Santos View Post
Greg

I actually wear compression socks all the time for medical reasons. Are there any plans to make some all black or brown work worthy, business casual vesions? Would love to support my CF bretheren...
We are planning on offering some other colors soon and possibly some will have less patterning, not sure how work appropriate the colors will be. I wanted to do some in Navy with white accenting, but my wife thinks I'm crazy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
I'm actually wearing the black ones at work right now. My calf/foot has been killing me and I wanted to wear them for a very extended period of time.

Would it be bad to wear them all day at work, when I get home and to bed? I might take them off to soak my foot in a cold bath but that's it. Anything wrong w keeping them on all day? I have a comp on Saturday and I'm trying to do anything possible to get better.

I don't usually wear them while working out because I think they look a little silly. Not Spun in particular, just any pair of super high socks. I hope that's not the time I should be wearing them the most and I've been slowing my recovery.
I wear mine all day every day even though they do look ridiculous at times. Shouldnt be a problem with wearing them for extended periods of time. I've found that wearing them all the time keeps my calves feeling better than they ever have.

I'm the kind of person that is super particular about always having my dress socks pulled up all the way, so having these on that dont budge during the course of the entire day are nice since I dont have to keep pulling them up.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #124
Tony Greene

Profile:

When doing a normal 5-20min metcon, how warm do you guys get while wearing the compression pants and/or shirts? I'm interested in trying out some comp. pants but I'm worried about overheating and hurting my performance. Greg or anyone else, do you ever run into an issue like that?
Old 08-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #125
Greg Light

Profile:

I think it's different for everyone but I've Noticed that I get warm quicker but I don't get any hotter than I normally would if I were not wearing compression apparel. I'd be curious to see what other people's experiences are.

My comments above are directed towards the shirts, as I wear either compression pants or a combo of compression shorts and socks during just about every workout to no Ill effect.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #126
John C Corona

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Greene View Post
When doing a normal 5-20min metcon, how warm do you guys get while wearing the compression pants and/or shirts? I'm interested in trying out some comp. pants but I'm worried about overheating and hurting my performance. Greg or anyone else, do you ever run into an issue like that?
I can not speak for the pants...but the socks are defintely warmer than without, I think that should be obvious, and probably is the same for the compression pants.

Bottom line, here in Florida, I cant even wear any of my black shirts during these summer months, light colors only! The color actually doesnt matter, unless I am exposed directly to the sun (which are runs only). I think the performance is compromised soley from the weather, not from what your wearing. I can be in the thinest, lightest clothes, and still be dripping wet during the warmup. I pretty much barely wear the socks unless I know I'll be jumping "A LOT". Once I decide to wear them, I deal cause I want the support. Again, the weather dictates performance, and mostly everyones times on that filthy fifty a few days ago were slower, not cause of any compression gear, only cause the heat just drains you. IMO.

I own 3 pairs of Gregs shorts, and 2 pairs of socks. I will buy the long pants and long shirt once fall/winter rolls around Oct/Nov.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #127
Aaron Herzog

Profile:

Greg,
Could you PM a code. Very interested in placing an order. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #128
Martin Rivera

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Herzog View Post
Greg,
PM'ed you.
<>< Philippians 4:13 thecubefitness.com (WFS) dsgear.com (WFS) virusintl.com (WFS)
Old 08-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #129
Aaron Herzog

Profile:

I have heard pretty good things about compression shorts/pants and socks, but very little about compression shirts aiding recovery. What are people thoughts on the efficacy of compression shirts in aiding recovery?
Old 08-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #130
Dario Delkic

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Herzog View Post
Greg,
Is there a discount code?