CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #281
Chris S Odell

Profile:
Re: Gym bags...

Thanks for the posts Golan and Jason, helps to have lists like that so folks know what can fit in the bags.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:43 PM   #282
Darius Boockholdt

Profile:

To anyone who has used a Datsusara Gear Bag for a while...

How is it holding up for you?

I think I'm going to get a Core when they are in stock again. My only hesitation is durability. If I'm going to spend this much on a gym bag I want it to last a good long time.

The only negative reviews I've read talk about durability not being what they had hoped...but I've also read that customer service is great.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #283
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Boockholdt View Post
To anyone who has used a Datsusara Gear Bag for a while...

How is it holding up for you?

I think I'm going to get a Core when they are in stock again. My only hesitation is durability. If I'm going to spend this much on a gym bag I want it to last a good long time.

The only negative reviews I've read talk about durability not being what they had hoped...but I've also read that customer service is great.
mine still looks brand new and thats with being used every single day as well as for a few trips.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:56 PM   #284
Darius Boockholdt

Profile:

Thanks Golan. Are you talking about a Gear Bag or Battlepack? I was reading back in the thread and think I understand that you used to have a Gear Bag but have converted over to a Battlepack. In any case, just wondering how long you've had it.

Great to hear it's holding up well for you.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #285
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Boockholdt View Post
Thanks Golan. Are you talking about a Gear Bag or Battlepack? I was reading back in the thread and think I understand that you used to have a Gear Bag but have converted over to a Battlepack. In any case, just wondering how long you've had it.

Great to hear it's holding up well for you.
that is correct. i had the gear bag for about 6 months or so and i have had the battlepack for about a year i think. either way, both of them showed no signs of use and i am not very gentle with them.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:36 PM   #286
David Alexander

Profile:

Can't remember exactly which style I had, but it was a medium-large type backpack. Like an assault/3 day pack in the military. It lasted about 2.5 years before the fabric ripped. I loved it while it lasted, but was a little disappointed with the durability. I have since switched to the king kong bags.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #287
Chris S Odell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alexander View Post
Can't remember exactly which style I had, but it was a medium-large type backpack. Like an assault/3 day pack in the military. It lasted about 2.5 years before the fabric ripped. I loved it while it lasted, but was a little disappointed with the durability. I have since switched to the king kong bags.
David,

Your bag is actually under warranty. You might have had an old one before we improved the hemp weave specifically for our bags. I'd be happy to replace it for you for just the cost of shipping if you are interested, you could pick any size you prefer as I'm guessing you had the old LBP which was right in between the new mini and core. Sorry about the trouble but I hope we can win you back, I dislike seeing people go back to a synthetic bag that won't work as well for CF gear.

Just email me directly if you want to take me up on the offer chris[at}dsgear.com
Old 04-17-2015, 09:49 PM   #288
Andrew Daggon

Profile:

This thread made me really want a new gym bag. I ended up going with the gear bag mini and I like it so far. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but I'm surprised at how much it can hold because it appears smaller than I thought. But I am happy with the purchase and I should be able to get some good mileage out of it here soon, since I will be away from my garage gym for a few months
Old 04-23-2015, 10:44 AM   #289
Chris S Odell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Daggon View Post
This thread made me really want a new gym bag. I ended up going with the gear bag mini and I like it so far. I haven't had a chance to use it much, but I'm surprised at how much it can hold because it appears smaller than I thought. But I am happy with the purchase and I should be able to get some good mileage out of it here soon, since I will be away from my garage gym for a few months
Yep that's my go to bag for most days now. Glad you like it so far. We made the Gear Bag Mini mostly for the CF crowd that wanted a smaller bag and one that women felt comfortable with too as even the next size up is pretty huge. But that sucker holds a lot more than most imagine. I usually have one A2 size BJJ gi, shorts, spats, 2 rash guards, towel, sap, cup, 2 compression shorts, ankle wraps, hand wraps, tape, wallet, keys and a few other misc things in mine.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:18 AM   #290
Chris S Odell

Profile:

Curious, besides this board, how do y'all find your bags? Do most of you just search online, go to a local sports gear store? Should I do a booth at the next CF games to get the word out? I feel like my gear has been so useful for CF folks but so few know about it. Thoughts?

oh and the next shipment of the Core size Gear Bag is a little bit smaller due to feedback mostly from the CF crowd. The guy especially thought the mini was too small but the Core too big so we took it down just a little and they'll be in late Feb if you are interested. Thank you.