CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #251
Jason Denny

Profile:
Re: Gym bags...

Any word on when more Core bags will be available?
Old 01-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #252
Ben McDonald

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Denny View Post
Any word on when more Core bags will be available?
Two cents, hit up Chris on Twitter. He's quicker to respond there.

Loving the mini ~4 months in. I've mistakenly lefty funky tshirts in the side pockets for a few days without the nasty bag and it doesn't mildew at all. About to order a few spartan bags for gifts. Great product.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #253
Chris S Odell

Profile:

Thanks Ben, good to hear that.

Jason, sorry I have been a little extra busy lately and missed the post. We'll have more bags in all styles back around late March and I'll have pre-orders up by early Feb.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #254
Chris S Odell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Quiambao View Post
Sold my Light gear bag AKA Gear core bag for a Gear bag mini and I love it!!! perfect for my needs. I only wish I was able to fit 4 big bottles as oppose to just 2.

Top notch as always, well worth the money IMO
Thanks Patrick! When I use the bag I just carry two smaller bottles and two towels but yeah room for four would be nice, but then it wouldn't be mini
Old 01-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #255
Evan Paradiso

Profile:

I was considering getting the Mini but I'm "concerned" that it is actually too much bag for what I typically use. This is what I carry to the gym now:
O-lift shoes
Inov-8's (during winter)
lifting belt
jump rope
rope climbing socks
water bottle
shaker bottle
wallet
phone

Do you think the Spartan Bag would be big enough for this? I don't see myself getting much more gear; maybe some wrist wraps and gloves.

Your products look awesome. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #256
Chris Richardson

Profile:

Under Armour makes a gym bag with a shoe compartment that is larger than the King Kong bag. It was given to me for Christmas and it is awesome. There are two pockets on each end, one for shoes and one for wraps and whatnot. There is a long pouch on the front for ...I store toiletries in it and a small one on the back where i keep a mob ball.
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...pid1239197-001 (WFS)

Its a bout $10 less than on the site from Academy or Dicks.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #257
Chris S Odell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Paradiso View Post
I was considering getting the Mini but I'm "concerned" that it is actually too much bag for what I typically use. This is what I carry to the gym now:
O-lift shoes
Inov-8's (during winter)
lifting belt
jump rope
rope climbing socks
water bottle
shaker bottle
wallet
phone

Do you think the Spartan Bag would be big enough for this? I don't see myself getting much more gear; maybe some wrist wraps and gloves.

Your products look awesome. Thanks.

Thanks

The Spartan might work but even better would be the Battlepack mini IMO, mostly because things will organize better and have use as an everyday bag as well if needed. But the Spartan is cheap and useful too so you could try that first.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #258
Chris S Odell

Profile:

fyi the pre-orders are up and i made sure to get an extra large shipment of the Core size gear bags just to cover all my CF friends here
Old 03-09-2014, 07:14 AM   #259
Steve Agocs

Profile:
ATS Raid Pack

I've been using an ATS Raid Pack II for the better part of a year and it's awesome. Link to photo below is WFS. http://www.popularairsoft.com/files/..._cobrapack.jpg.

First of all it's a backpack, which is nice, and it has some unique features that make it nice for a gym bag. I'll just sort of bullet point them below...

- it consists of one gigantic main compartment with two full height side pockets and a flat zippered pocket on the front.
- The main compartment zips fully open on top and the sides, so you can put it on the ground or a countertop or something and have easy access to everything in there, wherever it is.
- It is covered in PALS webbing on the sides and back and the inside of the flap wall is also covered in PALS. PALS is a military-standard webbing grid that allows the use of MOLLE pouches (hundreds of types to choose from) so if you want to compartmentalize the bag it is 100% customizable.

Here's how I've been using mine:
- Flat zippered outer pocket on outside of closure flap has my WOD journal and one of those red RX Jumpropes drawstring bags with my rope, all my extra cables and my wife's speed rope.

- I carry a pen and a spork (yes, I'm a dork) in the PALS grid on the back of this pocket for writing in the journal and eating post WOD meal.

- in one of the side pockets I carry two mobility sticks (a theraband one as well as a Stick Executive model) they poke a few inches out of the top, no problem. I can also fit a full size (1liter maybe?) shaker cup in the same pocket.

- In the other side pocket I carry my one liter Nalgene bottle that I use everyday. Leaves about 1/3 of the height of the pocket unoccupied, so I could stuff other stuff in there if I wanted. The diameter of these side pockets is a perfect fit for a standard 1-liter Nalgene, for perspective.

- The backpack straps have quick release buckles on them, so if I've used my RockTape Knee Caps during the WOD I'll unhook one strap, put it through the leg holes and reattach it so they can hang out and air dry without being in the bag or a dark, warm, wet environment, as such, mine smell great!

- inside the cavernous main compartment I keep a bunch of loose stuff and I could put tons more in if I wanted. Main item is my pair of AF weightlifting shoes in the AF bag they come with. Also a small-ish microfiber towel, three pairs of Gym Rat wrist wraps, a pair of workout gloves that I use during high snatch rep kettlebell workouts, some mobility stuff.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #260
Jason Denny

Profile:

I found a new Datsusara Light Gear Bag, still had all the tags on it. What a fantastic bag. It really puts my other bags to shame. Worth every penny. In the center section I store my leather powerlifting belt, my nylon weightlifting belt, foam roller, towels, and my Adipower lifting shoes, wrist wraps, knee sleeves, lifting straps, etc. One end pocket has wrestling shoes, the other end stores my jump ropes, socks, and gloves. Its a sturdy, spacious, bag. I cannot imagine how much I could fit in their Pro bag.