CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 05-19-2016, 12:25 AM   #311
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Open 2016

Next year when we the same discussion we will be saying "Welcome back Dan Bailey, welcome back" as he takes his place to the games.

What would make the regionals interesting for the future would be if they had 1 extra spot for the best male and female athlete, team from the regionals that finished in the nr 6 position.

This person/team would only find out once the final week is over giving them a 1 in 8 chance of making the games.

Many of the results in the nr 6 position are better than those that qualify from other regions. This would really spice things up as they would have something to prove.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #312
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Ngo View Post
If you didn't see Madeline Sturt's performance on event 5 (run / GHD / deadlifts), take a few minutes to check it out (pacific, heat 3).

5' 2" / 130lbs and went unbroken. incredible.
I took a minute to go back and watch this.

https://youtu.be/MGlhTNfg8K4?t=43m35s (wfs)

Absolutely impressive.

On round one she was the 2nd to last off the runner. Then her GHD speed is amazing. She's getting three reps for every two for the other athletes.

Then she steps up to the barbell without stopping to strap on a belt. 2xbodyweight deadlift - no problem! She killed it.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:05 AM   #313
Christopher Morris

Profile:

My week two predictions:

Atlantic men:
Smith, Olsen, Hannah, Anderson, Hernandez

Atlantic women:
Bridgers, Ledeairous, Tunnicliffe, Phillips, Lance

West women:
Abbott, Alvarez, Mathews, Huckby, Gracey

West men:
Sager, Parker, Anderson, Fikowski, Dunlap
Old 05-22-2016, 10:00 PM   #314
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Morris View Post
My week two predictions:

Atlantic men:
Smith, Olsen, Hannah, Anderson, Hernandez
Three right

Quote:
Atlantic women:
Bridgers, Ledeairous, Tunnicliffe, Phillips, Lance
Two right

Quote:
West women:
Abbott, Alvarez, Mathews, Huckby, Gracey
Three right

Quote:
West men:
Sager, Parker, Anderson, Fikowski, Dunlap
Three right
Old 05-26-2016, 09:00 AM   #315
Michael Cook

Profile:

CrossFit HQ lays down the hammer with their drug test policy, disqualifying a whole team because 1 member refused to take a drug test:

From games.crossfit.com (wfs)

CrossFit has banned Laura Phelps-Sweatt from all CrossFit-sanctioned competitions for one year, and disqualified her team, Westside Conjugate, from the 2016 Central Regional due to a drug policy violation.

Collection agents from Drug Free Sport, at CrossFit's request, recently contacted Phelps-Sweatt for the purpose of conducting an out-of-competition drug test. She did not meet with agents to provide a sample. Phelps-Sweatt's failure to submit to the drug test constitutes a violation of the CrossFit Games Drug Testing Policy and carries similar sanctions as a positive drug test.

Phelps-Sweatt served as the affiliate manager of CrossFit Conjugate, and as a member of the Westside Conjugate regional-qualifying team.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #316
Diana Alt

Profile:

I'm in lovely Columbus, gearing up for judges orientation in a few hours! I can't wait to see how this weekend goes. The KC area has 2 gyms with teams competing (including my home gym) and 4 individual men so it's very exciting! Who are your picks for qualifying?
Old 05-26-2016, 10:50 AM   #317
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Makes us wonder when a big name will pop. Heard some pod casts with Meatball Romano talking about some crossfit people with him not naming names that he coaches to get the PED's right and stay un busted. Interesting hearing this. Would take everything that guy says with a grain of salt.

Question- would you like to be caught doing the test or avoid it and take the suspension?
Old 05-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #318
Diana Alt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cook View Post
CrossFit HQ lays down the hammer with their drug test policy, disqualifying a whole team because 1 member refused to take a drug test:

From games.crossfit.com (wfs)

CrossFit has banned Laura Phelps-Sweatt from all CrossFit-sanctioned competitions for one year, and disqualified her team, Westside Conjugate, from the 2016 Central Regional due to a drug policy violation.

Collection agents from Drug Free Sport, at CrossFit's request, recently contacted Phelps-Sweatt for the purpose of conducting an out-of-competition drug test. She did not meet with agents to provide a sample. Phelps-Sweatt's failure to submit to the drug test constitutes a violation of the CrossFit Games Drug Testing Policy and carries similar sanctions as a positive drug test.

Phelps-Sweatt served as the affiliate manager of CrossFit Conjugate, and as a member of the Westside Conjugate regional-qualifying team.
I'm very glad to see that HQ has started taking skipped tests seriously on a more consistent basis. I feel bad that her whole team was DQd, but that's the breaks. I wonder if the whole team would have been DQd if she hadn't served as the affiliate manager.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #319
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Not taking is an admission of guilt right? Well maybe the hammer came down a little too hard on the team. I don't know if that is fair. Maybe test the whole competing 6 members and if they pass they should have a chance right?
Old 05-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #320
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor J McQuaide View Post
Makes us wonder when a big name will pop.
I think Laura Phelps-Sweatt is a big name. She is a top level powerlifter, and has taught the CrossFit powerlifting cert with Louie Simmons. I didn't know she was competing in CrossFit until I saw this news.