CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:49 AM   #1
Norma Loehr

Profile:
I have been following CF WODs for over two years and I am consistently challenged to find posts from other women to gauge my progress and challenge me to push harder (Kelly being a key, outstanding exception!).

I know there are other women out there doing the WODs! I also know there are other women that would benefit from seeing your posts, evidenced by emails I receive from women silently following CF.

Part of the power of posting is to inspire and push others to work harder (think about looking up at those white boards at CFHQ) which helps us all as athletes and the community in general. Please share your results with us!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
Jennifer Conlin

Profile:
I'm no kelly but I do post some of my workouts on my blog.
www.jensgym.blogspot.com
come and check it out.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
Paul Findley

Profile:
You will see my wife Jen's progress when we post using paulf.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
Laura Rucker

Profile:
When I started posting, I felt like I was the only woman posting my results (besides Kelly and Lynne). We have more women doing crossfit now than imaginable!

I have been forgetting to post my regular workouts except when they match the WOD. Since I take classes that do not always correspond to the WOD, it may not be that helpful, but I will try to remember! :-)

You can check out my blog (link in my profile) and I think search it if you would like to see a history of a given Benchmark WOD like Fran, Helen etc.

Keep it up. I will look for your posts as well!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
Laura Rucker

Profile:
Norma! heheh. This is second time I read a post and didn't register the poster was someone I ADORE. ;)

I see your posts...I just am not posting too many regular WOD times. Please check out my blog, and email me! :-)
Old 04-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #6
Yael Grauer

Profile:
I used to post regularly, but I decided to try to get my max strength up for a while before heading back to some CF (probably ME black box and CF)... was getting too many injuries and my scores weren't improving. I'll be back once I build some more strength though!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #7
Kristin Hoppe

Profile:
My times and the scaling would not be inspriring except in the "at least I'm not that bad" way.

If it'll make you feel better, though, I'll do it...

:grouphug:
Old 04-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #8
Norma Loehr

Profile:
Thank you everyone for your responses. This is great. Even if you don't believe your scores/times will help someone, trust me, they will! Think about all those women out there who want to give this a try!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #9
Becca Borawski

Profile:
We don't do the same WOD's at our gym necessarily as are up on the site, so that's why I don't post. On the times that we do, I always put mine up, though.

I would encourage everyone to put their times up on the WOD, even if you think it's a 'bad' time -- for those of us that do CF in classroom environments, our names go on the whiteboard at the end of every workout for everyone to see, no matter what. And we can't even put an asterisk and "bad day!" next to it, either! lol!

I would try to think of the blog comments on the WOD as your 'whiteboard' put that time up no matter what it is and be accountable for it! You never know, it might be a good tool to give yourself a kick in the booty -- and it might turn out you're not so bad after all. ;)
Old 04-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #10
Anita Tyler

Profile:
Hi! A newbie here. I've been following the Brand X scaled WODs(buttercup level) and posting there. But I registered here too so I can post here as well, to encourage other women to try CrossFit. I'm loving CF!