CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
Gio Vendemia

Profile:
Going to York Barbell on sat...a few questions before I buy

Hey guys im going to the york barbell outlet on sat and just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience dealing with them for solid bumpers and reg plates too. I have been hearing people say that they get a crossfit discount so obviously I am interested in finding out how. Also, I just bought a B&R bar from Rogue and was looking at Hi Temp Bumpers from there too but was trying to see if the York ones were cheaper at the outlet? Im sure they could be as I will not be playing for shipping but Im not sure.

Also, is there a certain sales rep that crossfitters deal with there?

Thank for all your help.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
Robert Flynn

Profile:
Re: Going to York Barbell on sat...a few questions before I buy

The outlet has little in it, your best bet for cheap bumpers will be either wright rubber or http://www.christiansfitnessfactory.com/ (WFS) they are in Lancaster. Christian gets a lot of used stuff and is helpful to crossfitters. Mike at York is CF certified and extremely knowledgeable in all areas of weightlifting but most of the stuff is pricey, the weightlifting museum is neat to see. I did get a great deal on some discontinued 45# bars and a cheap squat rack, but overall I had to do a lot of shopping to get everything I needed. Let me know if you wanted specifics on where I got everything for my home gym. I have nearly everything (except a C2).
Old 07-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
Amber Mathwig

Profile:
Re: Going to York Barbell on sat...a few questions before I buy

This is probably too late, but I second CFF. I've been comparing prices for several weeks now, ever since my BF purchased some o-rings there, and the prices are the best and it seems a lot of people are speaking up for the quality as well. Considering we are already on a budget, it makes me very happy to know I can get more for the money.

We're likely making a big purchase from CFF this week, one of the CF packages, and I received a very quick reply yesterday to substitution of products.