CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-25-2016, 10:32 AM   #11
Michael Lennox

Profile:
Re: Pre-workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Washburn View Post
I like to take a BCAA drink before working out (I work out fasted). Right now I like the Xtend - Blue Raspberry. No sugar and tastes like Blowpops.
I use Amino-x now. Switched from Xtend and I think I'm just going to stay with AMino-x. Xtend is very tasty though and can mix with 20ml and still be pretty potent. I actually still have mango left over. But yeah it definitely reminded me of Blowpops!
Amino-x has vitamin d mixed in which I thought was pretty cool. Taste good and I haven't bonked so its good to go for me.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:49 PM   #12
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Carbonation doesn't bother me but it helps that I only do WL. I'm not a big fan of preworkouts and CF. Tends to lead to pukey or dry heaves outside.

A lot of the time I sip the rockstar on the way to the gym, about a 20min casual bike ride with no hands.

I will only pop a 2nd on maxouts/competitions or long *** sessions that are heavy or if I need a real kick in the butt because sleep has been meh (which typically means sessions are crummy and I'll call it and just go sleep).

I've switched to the Rockstar from WinCo because it's far cheaper than RedBull and a bit cheaper than Monster.

And I like the spritziness and taste, especially because I drink a lot of fluid a day that tends to be mostly water (not so much since it got cold). Water gets pretty damn boring after a gallon and a half. When you're thirsty, you don't care but it's mind numbing at home.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:43 AM   #13
Alex Burden

Profile:

20min casual bike ride with 'no hands'.

I'm impressed
Old 01-27-2016, 12:59 AM   #14
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Quote:
20min casual bike ride with 'no hands'.

I'm impressed
Cardio, yo. Otherwise, no cardio would probably ever get done.

No hands allows me to sit upright which means no lower back stress. Also, fairly casual while I sip on my rockstar/monster/redbull/dietcola/tea/icedcoffee.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #15
Ben Kissam

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
Cardio, yo. Otherwise, no cardio would probably ever get done.

No hands allows me to sit upright which means no lower back stress. Also, fairly casual while I sip on my rockstar/monster/redbull/dietcola/tea/icedcoffee.
Gotta love the combination of weightlifting/cardio while sipping on an iced coffee.