CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Alex Chaney

Profile:
If you had to train Batman, what would you have him do?

Same as title, now I know the Dark Knight is a fanomonal athlete and I believe he is also a great gymnast as well. I'm also pretty sure he could lift a whole lot of weight (I've heard he is able to bench a ton). What exercises and program would you have him do to fight crime the way he does?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Eric Shuty

Profile:
Re: If you had to train Batman, what would you have him do?

Best. Question. Ever.

Well, I'd train him like I think any serious law enforcement of military member should, IMHO. Because in reality (yes, I know Batman isn't real) he is a combination of the two, but with an enormous budget.

First thing, just to be completely honest, I'd have him on the finest juice known to man, manufactured of course by Wayne pharmaceuticals. I can't think of any more justifiable use than to sustain the strength, power, and recovery of a top tier battler of evil.

As far as training, I'd focus on strength, short range speed, and MMA. That's just my personal vision for the dark knight. Four days a week of strength and power training built around deads, squats, bench, and press. I would also use a lot of bands and chains and strongman as well. I think strongman is very applicable because it requires you to apply your strength from odd positions with unbalanced or strange shaped objects. A lot of strongman has a cardio aspect as well. I would have him do 2 days a week of sprints and stairs work for conditioning. Stairs would be especially fitting given his urban terrain. And the MMA training for obvious reasons. It's both useful for battling bad guys and conditioning.

And of course he would have a masseuse, chiropractor, and sports doctor on call at all times to help with recovery given the rough nature of his job.

Yes, I really put that much thought into it....
Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
Matt Thomas

Profile:

Elite level still ring work would be on my list as well as parkour. Strongman stuff sounds like a good idea too.

Have you ever read Becoming Batman?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Shuty View Post
Best. Question. Ever.

Well, I'd train him like I think any serious law enforcement of military member should, IMHO. Because in reality (yes, I know Batman isn't real) he is a combination of the two, but with an enormous budget.

First thing, just to be completely honest, I'd have him on the finest juice known to man, manufactured of course by Wayne pharmaceuticals. I can't think of any more justifiable use than to sustain the strength, power, and recovery of a top tier battler of evil.

As far as training, I'd focus on strength, short range speed, and MMA. That's just my personal vision for the dark knight. Four days a week of strength and power training built around deads, squats, bench, and press. I would also use a lot of bands and chains and strongman as well. I think strongman is very applicable because it requires you to apply your strength from odd positions with unbalanced or strange shaped objects. A lot of strongman has a cardio aspect as well. I would have him do 2 days a week of sprints and stairs work for conditioning. Stairs would be especially fitting given his urban terrain. And the MMA training for obvious reasons. It's both useful for battling bad guys and conditioning.

And of course he would have a masseuse, chiropractor, and sports doctor on call at all times to help with recovery given the rough nature of his job.

Bravo. Could he handle Smolov?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
Sara Ochsner

Profile:

NERDS!!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
Frances Ballesteros

Profile:

I'd probably do something about his voice, da hell is up with it? lol
Old 01-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Michael Allen

Profile:

I would focus curls and ab work mostly. Work should be done on the bosu ball to make it "functional".
Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Allen View Post
I would focus curls and ab work mostly. Work should be done on the bosu ball to make it "functional".
Us in the business call that "core work" and specifically 1/8 crunches on the bosu ball work best. 2nd behind that is the ab twister 8000 (my personal fave).
Old 01-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Shuty View Post
Best. Question. Ever.

I think this is the post of the month! Everything in there is all win!

I would put all my faith in Eric, especially since he has that epic beard! Beards are a sign that someone is trustworthy!

The only thing I would add to his training is some sort of sensory deprivation training - hes going to take a few shots in that line of work, best he gets mentally and physically ready for the pain!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
Michael Dries

Profile:

I outsource the job to ra's al ghul