CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 01-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
Matt Bogdanowicz

Profile:
$200 prize one arm bar hang

Orangutan Hang $200 prize- first to 2:00 or more!Must have two witnesses sign form and send video to:
Dale Harder
18584 Carlwyn Drive
Castro Valley CA 94546
Rules:
1. Straps, dowels, or substances other then chalk that aid in grip are
strictly forbidden.
2. Athlete must not receive any assistance from officials, bystanders etc.
touching or assisting the athlete will result in DQ
3. The timer starts when the athlete is fully suspended with arm fully
locked.
4. Timer stops when athlete either is assisted by an individual; attempts to
rest part of their body-weight, IE. elbow on any part of the bar in order to
reduce their own body-weight or pushing foot off a side bar to help support weight; or if any one of their feet touch the ground. Note: An athlete may touch a side bar breifly to help from swinging, but in no way grip the bar, the hand must be open and can only lightly tap the bar.
5. Athlete may choose one form of grip only. An athlete who hooks his wrist through a hanging ring or strap will be DQ'd as this is a bar hang only.
6. The bar can be of any diameter, as long as it is a inflexible material such as steel. The bar can be a tri-bar with 3 flat sides, as long as the bar does not have other specialty adaptations such as finger holes drilled through a large diameter bar to help gain an unfair advantage
7. Weight and age should be noted.
8. Athlete must weigh in before the attempt and must be wearing the exact same shoes clothes, apparel etc during the attempt.
9. For verification purposes, a minimum of two witness must be present and one official timer and possibly a back up timer. The video camera must be able to film the entire athlete from head to toe including the bars and apparatus used. If the athlete grabs a part of the bar outside the range of the video camera, the record will not be authenticated. The video will be subject to strict review, frame by frame analysis and timer verification. The video can and will be used for posting.

Good Luck! You have until the end of March 08' to give it a try!
Old 01-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Matt Bogdanowicz

Profile:
Re: $200 prize one arm bar hang

#10 new rule Also make sure to snap a photo during hang and note age, ht and wt.
youtube video's will not count!

RULES
1. Straps, dowels, or substances other then chalk that aid in grip are
strictly forbidden.
2. Athlete must not receive any assistance from officials, bystanders etc.
touching or assisting the athlete will result in DQ
3. The timer starts when the athlete is fully suspended with arm fully
locked.
4. Timer stops when athlete either is assisted by an individual; attempts to rest part of their body-weight, i.e. elbow on any part of the bar in order to reduce their own body-weight or pushing foot off a side bar to help support weight; or if any one of their feet touch the ground. Note: An athlete may touch a side bar briefly to help from swinging, but in no way grip the bar, the hand must be open and can only lightly tap the bar.
5. Athlete may choose one form of grip only. An athlete who hooks his wrist through a hanging ring or strap will be DQ'd as this is a bar hang only.
6. The bar can be of any diameter, as long as it is a inflexible material such as steel. The bar can be a tri-bar with 3 flat sides, as long as the bar does not have other specialty adaptations such as finger holes drilled through a large diameter bar to help gain an unfair advantage
7. Weight and age should be noted, as well as height
8. Athlete must weigh in before the attempt and must be wearing the exact same shoes clothes, apparel etc during the attempt.
9. For verification purposes, a minimum of two witness must be present and one official timer and possibly a back up timer. The video camera must be able to film the entire athlete from head to toe including the bars and apparatus used. If the athlete grabs a part of the bar outside the range of the video camera, the record will not be authenticated. The video will be subject to strict review, frame by frame analysis and timer verification. The video can and will be used for posting. Make sure to send a photo of yourself in the hang position during the attempt.
10. This offer applies only to humans--no orangs, monkeys or chimps need apply.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:

Re: Matt
You can download YouTube videos and watch them in a frame-by-frame, all you need is a YouTube download site, an FLV->AVI converter, and VirtualDub; or the video can just be uploaded on a free-hosting site like MegaUpload.

PS. 32 seconds.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #4
Brandon Oto

Profile:

Hmm. Hook grip; wonder how hard this would actually be. May give it a try.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #5
David Aguasca

Profile:

sounds like a challenge to me.

just went and tried this one, no warm-up, though: got 1:05, with my right hand, hanging from one of my rings. i had to curl my legs towards my butt so i didn't touch the floor, though.

2:00 is doable...
Old 01-13-2008, 02:30 AM   #6
Nick Matics

Profile:

Well I'm definitely not a threat! That was much harder than expected. I'm only half way there. I'd love to see the video of whoever wins.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
Matt Bogdanowicz

Profile:

Rule # 5
No rings or hook grips allowed, no straps etc. This is a Bar hang only, from an inflexible bar. Chalk may be used

Old 01-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #8
Matt Bogdanowicz

Profile:

Certainly videos can be put on youtube or anywhere.
However the purpose of this, is to legitimize this record.
2:00 would be an official WR. It will be listed as such on the web, in the next STRENGTH and speed, book and submitted to Guinness.
The video must accompany the paperwork and witnesses statement and signature. By ensuring such protocols are followed we will set a precedent for the future, and weed out those who can doctor videos in some way or attempt to cheat. Sadly there are folks out there who will attempt to circumvent the rules in anyway possible just for the own ego.
youtube video will not be accepted at this time. We need a copy of the attempt on DVD

Matt

Re: Matt
You can download YouTube videos and watch them in a frame-by-frame, all you need is a YouTube download site, an FLV->AVI converter, and VirtualDub; or the video can just be uploaded on a free-hosting site like MegaUpload.

PS. 32 seconds.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #9
Brandon Oto

Profile:

Sorry; by hook grip I mean an Oly-style thumb-under grip. It's not hardware.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #10
Steven Low

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Oto View Post
Sorry; by hook grip I mean an Oly-style thumb-under grip. It's not hardware.
Hook grip doesn't actually give you any extra grip... for Oly it's only to stop the bar from rotating.