CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 PM   #11
Judd Borakove

Profile:
Re: Insurance Question

Steve,

I used C.M. Myers they where very easy and i was taken care in no time. I believe i have the 1 million and I also did personal coverage to be able to train outside my facility.

Hope that helps!

PS let me know when you are up I am grand opening in Rockville on the 10th of November.

www.crossfitextremefitness.com
Old 10-31-2007, 09:09 PM   #12
Rahsaan Kimbrow

Profile:

if i wasn't going out of town i would stop by..... hopefully i can check out CF Charlotte as penance .....
Old 11-02-2007, 10:41 AM   #13
Timothy Davies

Profile:
Smile Re: Insurance Question

Great info from all - one other question I have is do you have to be Certified(CF or National) to get insurance for the facility?

That way I can figure out if I need to get Certified(National) ahead of time.

Thanks
Tim
Old 11-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #14
Vince Shimp

Profile:

Here's an insurance question for everyone.I was just approved as an affiliate, still need to send in licensing agreement and proof of insurance. I have a pretty nicely equiped garage gym and initially do not plan on charging anybody to workout. I'm more interested in finding a few other Crossfitters to workout with and to introduce some friends to CF. I am not certified yet so I am hesitant to actually train clients for money, though after CF'ing for about a year I feel I have a pretty good knowledge for the movements and proper form. Do I still need insurance under these circumstances and if so would it be the same insurance discussed above or something else. If others are training with me in my garage and not paying to be trained is my homeowners insurance sufficient?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #15
Judd Borakove

Profile:

Timothy,

yes you have to have some sort of cert. They will not make you produce it in the begining but if there is a claim you have 15 days to send it to them.

I hope this helps if you have any other questions feel free to send me a message.

Judd
Old 11-05-2007, 07:52 AM   #16
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Reggio View Post
I contacted Debbie and am just getting started. For those that have a facility- How much coverage do you have? I would prefer to be over insured, are people getting 1, 2, 5, 10 million in coverage?

Steve-
Where/when are you starting your new affiliate?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #17
Steve Reggio

Profile:

Sean,
I am starting it up in Lorton, VA. I am in lease negotiation on a space off of Telegraph Rd near Ft. Belvoir. I have been approved as an affiliate but want to wait on insurance until I have the lease set up.

Steve
Old 11-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #18
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Cool-
Post when you get it off the ground and I'll swing by with some CF buddies to see the box and say hello!

Should be a great location, especially when Belvoir gets the additional 12,000 personnel (or however many people it is these days) over the next few years.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #19
Sean Manseau

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Shimp View Post
Here's an insurance question for everyone.I was just approved as an affiliate, still need to send in licensing agreement and proof of insurance. I have a pretty nicely equiped garage gym and initially do not plan on charging anybody to workout. I'm more interested in finding a few other Crossfitters to workout with and to introduce some friends to CF. I am not certified yet so I am hesitant to actually train clients for money, though after CF'ing for about a year I feel I have a pretty good knowledge for the movements and proper form. Do I still need insurance under these circumstances and if so would it be the same insurance discussed above or something else. If others are training with me in my garage and not paying to be trained is my homeowners insurance sufficient?
hey vince--

i just got insured through sports and fitness insurance (www.sportsfitness.com, w/f safe). it's about $225 for the year and covers you up to $1000000. the nice lady on the phone told me that it covers everything up to 1000 sq ft--after that you have to get facility insurance.