CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 09-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
Trevor Thompson

Profile:

Naval PST

I took the official timed Naval PST today and had some interesting results.
Pushups were harder because they didn't allow leaning rest, and situps were full FULL range of motion and had to be performed perfectly to count, it is for SEALs so i understand. So the timing goes like this; swim 500yd -10min break-2:00 max pushups down past 90 deg. and up to lock, no leaning rest or swaybacking-2:00 rest-2:00 situp max test perfect form-2:00 rest-Max pullups, DEADHANG no time limit- 10:00 rest - run 1.5 miles FINISHED.

Swim 500yd (with Combat Side Stroke) - 9:07 (new PR)
Pushups (perfect form) - 65
Situps (perfect form) - 65
Pullups (deadhang) - 18
1.5 mile run - 8:00

Looks like i just need to work on how the test is performed, and to the tests specifications, i have been able to pump out 98 and 95 pushups and situps respectivaly on my own and without keeping 100% perfect form...but it looks like i need to push the ability to do it as the test stipulates. Crossfit i can feel it in the muscles and everything, has helped immensly in my recovery ability, i was totally recovered (felt like it) with time to spare on all the recovery times. Oh an maybe next time i should cool it a bit on the swim so that i have more energy for everything else.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
Brad Hansen

Profile:
Re: Naval PST

Am I reading it right that there is no rest position for the push ups? They have to be done continuously straight through?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
Trevor Thompson

Profile:

yes, you are correct in that (plank position held) and i actually took this again today and got these scores THANK YOU CROSSFIT!!!

Swim (CSS) - 9:16
Pushups - 83
Situps - 80
Pullups - 23
Run - 8:20
Old 11-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
Daniel Freedman

Profile:

Your CSS and pull up scores are outstanding!

There are some test-taking tips and tricks (about pacing, etc...) that might help improve your push up and sit up scores dramatically. Keep practicing under actual test conditions and you'll pick them up.

You might also want to visit www.stewsmith.com. (Stew is a former SEAL who help train me for a hell week simulation that included the Navy PST. He is listed on the CrossFit home page as a "friend," so I guess he's drunk the koolaid, too.)
Old 11-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
miguel flores

Profile:

Wow Trevor!! Those are some awesome times!!! WAyyyyyy faster than I ever swam!! lol... Hell I didnt learn how to swim until we got coached in brown shirt roll back land!! Your run time is awesome!! Was anyone near you? Im assuming you ran in it boots and pants!? Hopefully you can get someone close to you to get under 8 and possibly go for the record. I believe it was 7:15 last I knew. An officer and myself got down to 7:48 but nowhere close to the record. Good luck with that bro!! Like I said before, you are well on schedule to smash through 1st phase. Just stay healthy and dont be afraid to go to medical!!!!! Who cares if they say your a puss for getting meds! Everyone will get sick and injured!! Just be smart about it!!!