CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #721
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:
Re: 2014 45-49 Fittest on the Planet goal

Top Yoga and keeping mobile and un injured

Wide grip no chicken wing bar muscle ups

15 ring muscle ups un broken

Oly,oly,OLY!!

Finish Tommy V in a under cap time.

Learn how to go for it all of the time. Enjoy the workout, jaw with people and dance a bit before the start.

Cycle weight… learn how to hang on to it.

Improve technique..

If I do that while keeping my motor tuned will put myself on that Podium once and for all.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #722
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Thank you guys.. means a lot to hear from the forumbros..

Scott is a cool guy.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:06 PM   #723
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Day of the crossfit games 2015.
40 GHD- un broken- felt pretty good. Breathing on the way up and exhale on the down...
10 Bar muscle ups- Failed the first one.. yes failed.. 4/2/1/1/1/1 took too long
100# sand bag 50 meters- did fine

32 GHD- un broken but this one hurt..
8 Bar muscle ups F,F, singles from that point on… barely made each rep
120# sand bag over 50 meters- was super heavy.. but did it

24 GHD- 22 reps then time ran out.
6 Bar muscle ups
140# sand bag

Honestly this workout was not as bad as I thought. Lucky plenty of people had troubles. My chicken wing was going full time.

This year have to do GHD's prior to many of the exercises to keep real on what GHD's do to me.

Workout #2- RM Thruster… warmed up to 215#… then warmed up the hang clean 240# was happy about that. I figured that I could thruster what I could do with power clean.. not so much the case. Had 5 min to do max.. loaded the weights 45 seconds then hit the 215 opener.. Loaded on 227.. failed.. seriously.. yes.. next attempt was a motivated 227# and got that. I heard them say Bill Grundler was attempting 232.. so I put on 235#. Two weeks ago I did that exact weight. Last week leading up to the games I did 240# from the rack. I was motivated had about 30 seconds till end of the time. Hang cleaned easy.. fixed my wrists and fingers. Went down and thrustered up.. did not have the horsepower to get it.. sadly missed it. If I got it would have been 8th place.. but 12th place was it.

Workout #3.. SQT… 3 rounds for time
10 s2o 95#
200 meters- 4x50.. I know I was going to crush this one. Poised to keep up with everyone and then blast the last run..

3…2…1… go.. started off with 3 no reps from my judge.. by the time I finished my 10 was about in last place. Ran as fast as I could making up a few seconds.. next set of snatches.. no rep.. then 10 straight.. not quite sure why the no rep.. but its what it is.. got closer and picked off a few more.. last set no no reps.. flew on the run and tuned up a few more folks.. 5th place.. not the 1st place that I could have gotten..

Disappointing day for sure. Sitting in 15th place at the end of day 1 holy shi@ got some work to do.

Day two- Long chipper..
3 laps around the hill.. was happy about the run went about 80% and kept in 3rd place..
25 100# med ball over the shoulder- went thru fine.. but lost some places to the big boys..
25 24" box jump overs. Kept breathing and stayed in the top 10.
25 C2B- 13/7/5
25 Wall balls 20# 10' target.. was gassed a bit.. 4/11/10 then you carried the ball to the other side..
25 more reps.. 10/10/5.. made up some serious room.. maybe in 5th or better..
25 C2B- 10/6/3/3/1/1/1 was in about 2nd place
25 Box jumps- did them as fast as I could keeping my wits about me..
Enter the 100# sand bag with plenty of slack in it. Went 2nd to 5th in 2 min..
Tie for 5th place.. 1 missed rep on the sandbag, and two no reps one going over my head...

Event 5-
double hanger- warm up was good. I had my un touchable Screaming Eagle rope that had over 1,000 jumps all unbroken including a 210 PR..
3 rounds for time-
100 Double under
7 hand clean and jerks 185#
Wend unbroken on du first set… then 3/1/1/1/1 on clean and jerks

2nd round.. 15..16… break… first time breaking on that rope.. time for a new steak right.. then did my 84 un broken.. enter that heavy at the time 185#. all singles from no on..

3rd round.. un broken on the du.. then singles from that point.. 6th place..

I made the decision that I needed to have double unders un broken..

Pulled myself into 6th place after Day 2. Thinking to myself got to get on the podium… but did not do the required work to make it.

Day 3.. feeling not so good on the workout.
80 calorie row- about a stroke per min
40 shoulder to overhead 155#- 15/5/4/3/bunch of 2 and 3 from that point..
80 deadliest well I was thinking a monster set of 30 to start off.. seriously. 4 reps, 5,6,7 was thinking I can just keep on going up… making myself do it. well after 7 back to 4.. then the last 30 might have been singles.. 4 min slower than I thought it would take.. was hard.. 11th place.. s2o killed me.

In 8th place now going into the tennis stadium. Amanda.. ohh yeah.. kidding.
Missed #9 muscle up… cost me 20 seconds.. missed first 3 squat snatches.. careful from that point on until 5 wend 4 unbroken with some motivation and then hit the last one and sprinted 1/2 of a second behind a guy ahead of me..

After everything if things went well I think that I could have gotten a 3rd which is a long way from the 8th that I got.

After all of the rehab, personal life near tragic, work super busy.. maybe that is where I am..

Matt Swift took the title beating Bill Grundler, Ron Matthews took the 3rd spot.. Matt is the strongest overall oly master 320 C and J and a 265 snatch.. Bill Grundler is Bill Grundler.. Ron Matthews is maybe the strongest DL over 600 and 245# beast..

The workouts did not hit my type of horsepower.

I have been working with Dawn Fletcher for a few months. Huge improvement over last year. My best thing hspu or hs walks nothing like that. A few big guys have tousles with other things. No t2b.. weight too heavy or too light for my taste… enough complaining… back to the drawing board.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #724
Helen M Brennan

Profile:

I had tears in my eyes watching my CF mentor Matt Swift win the 45-49 masters. Matt is a most amazing CF coach and runs an awesome box in Brisbane Australia. CF Brisbane. He is one of the godfathers of Cf in Australia and not only talks the talk but lives and breathes the walk! If I had not stumbled upon CFB in 2008 I would not be still doing CF now.
There are few in the Cf community in Australia who have not been touched by the Matt Swift influence at some time in their training.

Helen
Old 07-28-2015, 03:48 AM   #725
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Well done Vic, great breakdown of the events, always worth doing some post comp analysis. Was great seeing both you and Scott on the leaderboards.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:12 AM   #726
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Monday- 30 min rehab on back and hips..

Going in tonight to rehab and do a bit of something.. don't know what.

Won't push much just get back into the swing of things.

Cheers
Vic
Old 07-28-2015, 09:13 AM   #727
Michael Cook

Profile:

Well Done Vic!

Thanks for the post-comp analysis. Very insightful.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #728
Tighe Crovetti

Profile:

Vic, I'm 42, and have a head-in-the-clouds goal that maybe by 45-49, I can at least have a couple years of serious training under my belt to see if I could push to your level. A guy from my box was there in the 50-54 (Kurt Stein), so I see him train every day, and am in awe. To see him just "middle of the pack" is eye-opening. I tried that Triplet workout: 16 minutes (slightly modified on the sandbag carry, I don't have the equipment). That hang power clean....that was serious weight!

Congratulations on even getting there, that's an elite achievement, not to mention even hanging in on those workouts! I hope you enjoyed the experience itself, almost none of us will ever get to be on that playing field. Getting back multiple times puts you in even better company!
Old 07-30-2015, 05:40 AM   #729
John Drohan

Profile:

Allow me to echo everyone else and say congratulations on an amazing year. You have the admiration of a lot of folks, especially those of us in your age group (47 here). While you may be slightly disappointed with an 8th place finish, you are literally the 8th fittest on the planet in your age group. Doesn't match the title of the thread but it's exceedingly impressive nonetheless.

Best of luck in your continued training.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:37 AM   #730
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Day 1 back Wed. Just did squat starting very light
11 reps down to 5
65#-215# body not ready to push yet..
EMOM 5 strict wide grip pull ups.. lasted 6 min..