CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #61
Michael Dowling
Member Michael Dowling is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Goshen  NY
Posts: 733
Re: TRT experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Herald View Post
Haha modern science . You know I've actually read an article that DNA doping is going to be the next big thing. Something about modifying your genetics for better performance..
I probably would've looked at natural ways to raise my test first and exhausted all of those options. Once you commit to cycling test chances are your body will never produce it at an adequate rate again, you're married to the testosterone replacement therapy process. Not sure what the side effects are but the sides are the main thing that kept me from ever doing a cycle of steroids, scary stuff to play around with.
__________________
LOG
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #62
Bob Herald
Member Bob Herald is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 353
Re: TRT experience

Very true Michael. From what I've found through researching it over the years is that your baseline is your baseline. Sure, cutting out alcohol, lifting weights and popping ZMA, fenugreek , etc . May bump it up slightly and temporarily . But it is not going to change significantly or permanently. Your level is all your level is going to be.

What a lot of people are not realizing is that is it a very low dose of testosterone. Bodybuilders will inject a minimum of 400 mg a WEEK. TRT is 200 mg a MONTH.

Testosterones muscle building effects AND it's side effects are dose dependents. The more you take the more side effects.

I guess it's easy for a lot of guys to criticize it when their levels are normal. They don't know the psychological pain of lack of labido, low energy all the time, sleepless nights, and depression.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #63
Bob Herald
Member Bob Herald is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 353
Re: TRT experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain Papettas View Post
Could be potiuatry could be all sorts of factors, could of been since puberty, if it wasnt for me asking for the test id still be at square one!!
How does he feel about giving you TRT ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #64
Michael Dowling
Member Michael Dowling is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Goshen  NY
Posts: 733
Re: TRT experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Herald View Post
I guess it's easy for a lot of guys to criticize it when their levels are normal. They don't know the psychological pain of lack of labido, low energy all the time, sleepless nights, and depression.
Are you sure you aren't just married with kids, possibly a middle management desk job thrown in there?
__________________
LOG
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #65
Bob Herald
Member Bob Herald is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 353
Re: TRT experience

Actually mike, no. I'm not married no kids. Dating a girl in her mid twenties, and I've been a firefighter for 12 years.

If that's your situation , I'm sorry .
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #66
Michael Dowling
Member Michael Dowling is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Goshen  NY
Posts: 733
Re: TRT experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Herald View Post
Actually mike, no. I'm not married no kids. Dating a girl in her mid twenties, and I've been a firefighter for 12 years.

If that's your situation , I'm sorry .
It was just a joke, rough crowd...
__________________
LOG
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #67
Bob Herald
Member Bob Herald is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 353
Re: TRT experience

Sorry. I'm emotional. Lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #68
Charley Agen
Member Charley Agen is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Allouez  WI
Posts: 46
Re: TRT experience

Thanks for the update Bob. Glad everything is going good. Did you end up getting your second shot? I remember you saying you had sleep problems. I have not been sleeping "well" for a few years now and my sleep has been REALLY bad the past year. I can usually fall asleep alright, but I am constantly waking up, tossing and turning, and having to urinate in the middle of the night. And 5:30 is the lastest I have been able to sleep in for about a year or so. Even if I have nothing planned and can slot in an extra 3 hours to dedicate to sleep, its still no dice. Did you have any of these specific sleep issues? Have they gotten better since on TRT?

Cain, are you sure you are looking at the right testosterone test and value? 45 on a 200-800ish scale is extremely low.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #69
Bob Herald
Member Bob Herald is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 353
Question Re: TRT experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Agen View Post
Thanks for the update Bob. Glad everything is going good. Did you end up getting your second shot? I remember you saying you had sleep problems. I have not been sleeping "well" for a few years now and my sleep has been REALLY bad the past year. I can usually fall asleep alright, but I am constantly waking up, tossing and turning, and having to urinate in the middle of the night. And 5:30 is the lastest I have been able to sleep in for about a year or so. Even if I have nothing planned and can slot in an extra 3 hours to dedicate to sleep, its still no dice. Did you have any of these specific sleep issues? Have they gotten better since on TRT?

Cain, are you sure you are looking at the right testosterone test and value? 45 on a 200-800ish scale is extremely low.
I just got my second shot today, Charlie. I felt the effects of the TRT dwindle this last week but they're still not bad. I still,have a better libido than before and more energy. Im was nervous getting my second shot again . The doc wasn't In to ask questions to, so I just got the shot and a copy of my treatment plan. It basically said " subject is in the lower end of the normal range on testosterone, but due to his symptoms I believe he could benefit from TRT . He will receive 400mg of depot testosterone IM every two weeks x3 then retest levels."

From everything I've read, this is about double the amount of test given to most TRT patients. Which is strange because I was only low normal. Maybe he's doing a captain America experiment. Haha. I figure worst case scenario, I'll treat it like a cycle and after 3 shots if I want to get off, I'll take nolvadex and clomid pct.

On to SLEEP. That all important thing. Before this happened Charley, I would go to bed around 11 or 12 and wake up at 5 am. Restless. Every night for years. Since TRT, I've had a few nights here and there of light sleep, but for the most part I'm in a deeper sleep than I've been in years.. And sleeping until 7 or 8 am. I'm quite happy about this. I don't wake up with as many aches and pains and walk around like a new born baby giraffe.

I had peeing issues once in awhile In the middle of the night before, but none since TRT. I also used to occasionally get night sweats. But haven't had any of those either.

But yes charley, those exact sleep issues plagued me too. I still wake up at 5:30 sometimes but feel rested and not restless when I do. Mostly I sleep a lot better now. Last night I slept form 11 pm until 7 am. Which is epic for me.

I really feel so much better. Of coarse it's scary.l the thought of being on it forever, and side effects. But, I don't want to go back to how I was before.

I may get my 3 shots , retest, and then go off of TRT and do a cycle of pcts like nolvadex and see what I can get my levels back too.

Funny thing is, im not a drinker these days, but before TRT, if I went out for a few drinks, the next day I would have horrible sleep issues, night sweats, frequent urination, no libido. Which I guess could now be explained as my already low test dropping even lower after alcohol consumption. Just thought that was interesting
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #70
Charley Agen
Member Charley Agen is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Allouez  WI
Posts: 46
Re: TRT experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Herald View Post
I just got my second shot today, Charlie. I felt the effects of the TRT dwindle this last week but they're still not bad. I still,have a better libido than before and more energy. Im was nervous getting my second shot again . The doc wasn't In to ask questions to, so I just got the shot and a copy of my treatment plan. It basically said " subject is in the lower end of the normal range on testosterone, but due to his symptoms I believe he could benefit from TRT . He will receive 400mg of depot testosterone IM every two weeks x3 then retest levels."

From everything I've read, this is about double the amount of test given to most TRT patients. Which is strange because I was only low normal. Maybe he's doing a captain America experiment. Haha. I figure worst case scenario, I'll treat it like a cycle and after 3 shots if I want to get off, I'll take nolvadex and clomid pct.

On to SLEEP. That all important thing. Before this happened Charley, I would go to bed around 11 or 12 and wake up at 5 am. Restless. Every night for years. Since TRT, I've had a few nights here and there of light sleep, but for the most part I'm in a deeper sleep than I've been in years.. And sleeping until 7 or 8 am. I'm quite happy about this. I don't wake up with as many aches and pains and walk around like a new born baby giraffe.

I had peeing issues once in awhile In the middle of the night before, but none since TRT. I also used to occasionally get night sweats. But haven't had any of those either.

But yes charley, those exact sleep issues plagued me too. I still wake up at 5:30 sometimes but feel rested and not restless when I do. Mostly I sleep a lot better now. Last night I slept form 11 pm until 7 am. Which is epic for me.

I really feel so much better. Of coarse it's scary.l the thought of being on it forever, and side effects. But, I don't want to go back to how I was before.

I may get my 3 shots , retest, and then go off of TRT and do a cycle of pcts like nolvadex and see what I can get my levels back too.

Funny thing is, im not a drinker these days, but before TRT, if I went out for a few drinks, the next day I would have horrible sleep issues, night sweats, frequent urination, no libido. Which I guess could now be explained as my already low test dropping even lower after alcohol consumption. Just thought that was interesting
Yeah I wake up feeling unrested and full of aches. My muscles and tendons are constantly tight too. I always feel the need for extra stretching, but I haven't seem to get more limber and or get rif of the aches. I feel like I am 60 at the the age of 27 lol (not really laughable tho). I had a bad case of patellar tendonitis that came out of no where. I don't think I was training hard enough to get this if my body was as healthy as it should be. It took about a full year to heal too.

I would say if it is working for you why quit it. I would just work with your doc to try to fine tune it to suit your needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain Papettas View Post
Hey guys while wer on the subject did any Of you have a real whacked out gastric system e.g constipation or slOppy stools?
I had about a two month bout of constipation that really sucked. It went away though. I am not 100% sure if that was at all related to low t or not; but hormones do regulate EVERYTHING in your body so who knows. It is quite possible.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for experience Anthony Rubino Running a CrossFit Facility 2 07-29-2009 06:25 AM
My experience with IF Sean McMaster Nutrition 9 12-13-2007 01:47 AM
School or Experience? Shane Bradbury Starting 15 10-19-2007 08:05 AM
My experience with rhabdo Amy Crawford Injuries 19 08-31-2007 06:14 PM
First gymnastics experience Aitor Astobieta Community 3 05-19-2004 12:34 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:54 PM.


CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.