CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #51
Charley Agen

Profile:
Re: TRT experience

Bob glad everything is going pretty good so far. Its amazing how much hormones can effect our health. Cain- I tried ZMA, ginseng, and other herbs, but none made a significant difference for me.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #52
Bob Herald

Profile:

Thanks Arden. I'm gonna ask about more frequent shots and also arimidex.

Thank you charley, I am happy I made the plunge. Unfortunately I believe that all the over the counter herbs in the world won't significantly effect your baseline hormone levels. It's a hard choice to go TRT and I never knew I was low. But as Johnny Pain once told me "if you think your test might be low, you're low" guys with high test never question it.

Update . I'm 5 days away from my next shot. I think the hormones have leveled off a bit. I'm not as aggressive feeling and back to my old sleeping habit of waking up super early.

But I still get morning erections, and have a better libido. The nipple sensitivity and testicular soreness has gone away.

On a positive side note. When i train, I get crazy muscular pumps. And am fuller looking than I've been. My workout partner told me that I've gotten bigger, and the other one asked me what I was on. This wasn't my goal of TRT but I can't say that I don't like it.

I haven't noticed an increase in my rep maxes or strength so far, but as I said, that wasn't the goal so I don't fret over it.

I'm Already anxiously awaiting my next shot. Which is what I hear from a lot of men on TRT . I actually like the added aggression that comes a few days after the shot. Agression in a mentally stable male translates more to added confidence, not then"roid rage" that you hear about in the media
Old 04-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #53
Bob Herald

Profile:

If it works , Cain, I,say run with it . It proven that lack of sound sleep causes a host of problems
Old 04-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #54
Robert Walsh

Profile:

What kind of training program are you on?
Old 04-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #55
Bob Herald

Profile:

Just a tip on GSLP, you're going to have to eat a lot of food. And you may want to limit met cons. JP recommends 2 days a week. Wednesday and Saturday. And conditioning shouldn't exceed 10 minutes. Most strength trainers concur with this actually.

Overtraining I believe is generally a myth. Under eating is definitely more likely. I'm not making any assumptions about you personally, but generally, if a male is struggling with testosterone levels and he is a smaller man (I.e. under 200 lbs) I wouldn't worry too much about met cons.

The general consensus with crossfit is to take a person who is a non athlete, and weak to begin with, and drive him into the ground with conditioning. This will wreak havoc in your testosterone levels, and hinder any chance of building a muscular physique.

The argument is; "I don't want to be muscular, I want functional fitness. "
Let me assure you, muscle IS functional.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #56
Bob Herald

Profile:

Quick update;

Was supposed to have my second shot today. Pushed my appointment to tomorrow due to work. Tomorrow will be 15 days since the first shot.

I have felt some of the aggressiveness and pumps fade. Yet I still have the positive sexual benefits. The bloat has eased some. And the sensitivity of the nipples and testes is non existent.

I have been sore after my workouts, but I seem to still have energy in the gym. Im sitting right around 208 lbs. (205 before my first shot).

I feel good. Not amazing, like superman, after my first shot. But still good. Im actually looking forward to my next shot. I think the ideal feeling was about 7 days after my shot. I wasn't too aggressive and fired up but still quite energetic and focused.

As a side note, my training partners at my mixed martial arts gym have noticed that I am far more energetic and aggressive than before TRT. It hasn't made me faster or stronger, just gave me more focus and more oomph. Almost like I was sluggish and moving in slow motion before, and now I'm awakened with more energy and concentration.

I will update tomorrow after my appointment. I'm going to try to get more information about my initial work up, as well as his long term plan for me, and his answers to many of the things I have addressed previously.

Thanks for listening and contributing, guys.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #57
Bob Herald

Profile:

I'm not sure what the 45 is referring to? Is that your free testosterone? Measured on a scale of 40-150?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #58
Michael Dowling

Profile:

Gotta love insurance covered, doctor recommended steroids. Grow old gracefully my shoe...
Old 04-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #59
Bob Herald

Profile:

Wow Cain that is super low. What did your doctor tell you?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #60
Bob Herald

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Dowling View Post
Gotta love insurance covered, doctor recommended steroids. Grow old gracefully my shoe...
Haha modern science . You know I've actually read an article that DNA doping is going to be the next big thing. Something about modifying your genetics for better performance..