|11-25-2005, 05:09 PM||#1|
Acceptable Use Policy
Membership on the board indicates your reading of and consent to this policy:
These guidelines are intended to help maintain a useful amount of order and to promote better posting. They may be revised without notice.
1. The use of your own full legal name is a requirement for posting to the board. We believe this is an essential component of open and honest dialogue.
2. Posting under false or multiple identities is strictly prohibited. Users suspected of doing so will be asked to provide identification--for example, a faxed driver's license showing actual legal name.
3. The goals of this discussion board are to expand our understanding and knowledge of fitness and physical training, and to encourage each other in our pursuit of our personal fitness, particularly in regards to the CrossFit program. If these are not your goals, you may find another discussion site more suitable.
4. While CrossFit is not edited or censored, we do reserve the right to remove any postings that are considered inappropriate.
5. Examples of inappropriate posts are those that are massively off-subject or exist solely to advertise a product; contain pornography, obscene material, racist material, any hate group material, materials promoting violence, threats or illegal acts, etc. Any such postings will result in immediate and permanent banishment of the poster.
6. Topics that will not be tolerated on the board include politics, religion, and sexuality.
7. Users of CrossFit should also understand that this is a privately owned site and that they are guests here. The owner reserves the right to revoke posting privileges and, when necessary, to permanently ban individuals.
8. We require a high level of respect to be shown at all times to other users of the board. Insults (either direct or indirect), bickering, and flaming of any kind will lead to suspensions and/or banishment from the board. Tolerance level for this behavior is extremely low.
9. Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, and denigrates another member at any time. We have zero tolerance for taking an argument about any topic to a personal level. For instance, the use of terms such as "idiot, moron, stupid" and other derogatory terms constitutes harassment. Repeated critical and sharply negative posts can also constitute harassment. This applies to all content submitted by users including posts, PMs, avatars and signatures.
10. Users are encouraged to make use of the many excellent resources available before posting a question. In particular, all are encouraged to read the free CrossFit Journal issue What is fitness? (available on CrossFit's main page) for a discussion of the CrossFit approach to fitness and training. Additionally, CrossFit maintains an excellent FAQ, and there is an outstanding search function that will scan all prior posts to this board, and all prior workouts and posted comments for any text string you search for.
11. Polite dissent or disagreement is encouraged. Polite disagreement with well-reasoned arguments and evidence is even more encouraged.
12. Do lead by example - Nothing improves a forum more than posters who reason sharply, write well, and have some perspective about their subject. Be one of them.
13. Please preview your posts. Read them aloud to yourself, if possible (don't get fired if you're doing this at work). You can preview as many times as you like, but you only get to post it once.
14. Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion board is online. Once you have posted your message, it will stay online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post.
15. Please do your best when it comes to grammar, punctuation and spelling.
16. Any use of "AOL'ese" and "hAx0r" talk is very disruptive and will not be tolerated.
17. Don't use the board for personal announcements and profiteering. A discretely placed website reference is generally considered acceptable, but the board is not a place for non-CrossFit organizations to advertise their programs. Commercial postings may be allowed by regular forum contributors at the moderators' discretion.
18. Copyrighted Material... You may post links to appropriate articles but posting articles from other sources in their entirety is not allowed. If you must repost quotes or sentences, please credit the source.
19. High Maintenance Clause... Any member who occupies a majority of admin or moderator time unnecessarily will be shown the door.
20. Posts that exist primarily to complain about how other fitness sites handle their pricing, marketing, user policies, or other aspects of board management belong on that site, not on CrossFit. This policy includes using the CrossFit board to criticize other fitness personalities and sites for their content.
21. This forum is not your personal soap-box for advancing whatever personal agenda or vendetta you may be on.
22. Finally, don't be a whiner - If you really, really find the board not to your liking, learn to live with it, or move along.
Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 12-03-2008 at 08:50 AM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Acceptable?||Jon Matzner||Community||2||06-20-2007 08:33 AM|
|What is acceptable here?||Brendan Sonnichsen||Digital Coaching||4||09-03-2005 12:19 PM|
|CrossFit Message Board Acceptable Use Policy||Lynne Pitts||Announcements||0||04-03-2004 05:06 AM|
|Acceptable PC for reps||Igor Torfs||Exercises||1||02-28-2003 08:25 AM|