CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Administrative Area > Technical Support
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technical Support Questions on using the board software, etc.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Bill Patton

Profile:
javascript

hi - i'm wondering if there is a forum profile setting that would allow me to post javascript into a post? I can create an 'embed' object that would feed in live stats from logsitall for current rankings - making it a sort of cool 'live' ranking. i understand the security concern - so if the answer is no, i totally understand.

-bill patton
Old 05-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Wade Smith

Profile:
Re: javascript

Not trying to sidetrack/hijack, but ---- If you figure out a way to script an <embed> and/or <object> tag into a post, people might possibly be able to post their videos (ie; digital coaching) into their workout logs (and other posts) as well. I might be wrong but same tag if I remember correctly. Curious to see the official answer to your question.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Re: javascript

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Patton View Post
hi - i'm wondering if there is a forum profile setting that would allow me to post javascript into a post? I can create an 'embed' object that would feed in live stats from logsitall for current rankings - making it a sort of cool 'live' ranking. i understand the security concern - so if the answer is no, i totally understand.

-bill patton
Hi Bill,
No - way too huge a security vulnerability. Any such setting would have to be activated for ALL users, and that's just too much danger.

Regards,
Lynne