CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Administrative Area > Technical Support
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technical Support Questions on using the board software, etc.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
Christopher Bowman

Profile:
posting time

I guess that posting your time to comments is for everybody to compare and gather info, but also I would think that it's for documenting your time so when that wod comes up again you can compare your times, but how do you go directly to your time from the previous. Ex: If i had done a wod twice and I wanted to compare my times do I have to go to compare and scroll thru 200 posts looking for my one. Is there a faster way or should I document my times somewhere else.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:55 AM   #2
Karin Jonczak

Profile:
Re: posting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Bowman View Post
I guess that posting your time to comments is for everybody to compare and gather info, but also I would think that it's for documenting your time so when that wod comes up again you can compare your times, but how do you go directly to your time from the previous. Ex: If i had done a wod twice and I wanted to compare my times do I have to go to compare and scroll thru 200 posts looking for my one. Is there a faster way or should I document my times somewhere else.
Create your own thread... or, keep it at home (I use OneNote).

http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Make sure to BOOKMARK you own thread... they can get hard to find otherwise!

Karin
Old 04-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
Ian Carver

Profile:

Chris,

Keep your own journal for your own review. Over the past 3 years, I now have a couple that I can go through to find old times.

There is also a recent post in the forums, in the Fitness section, where a CF'er was kind enough to take A LOT of his own time and made up an Excel spreadsheet to graph and record all your workout info. It's downloadable for everyone, so grab it while you can. It's called "Excel WOD log 3.0" or something similar. I also created a personal PR log for myself that I keep tabs on my best times/weights with.

Going through the comments section is one way to do it, but it's time consuming and a log will work better when you are away from the computer and other similar situations. Take care and stay fit!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
David Wood

Profile:

Uh . . . in the comments section of any one day (there's usually a link on the WOD to the date of the previous appearance of that workout) . . . can you not just search for your sign-in name?

I don't do the main-page WOD much anymore, but when I do, I post the time as "davidjwood" (my CF sign-on). I can pretty much just do a search for that on that page and find my previous time in a couple of seconds.

Alternatively, enter your time at www.logsitall.com (safe), which has specific entries for most named CF workouts.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
Christopher Bowman

Profile:

thanks for the input, sounds like I will just keep my own record, which is no problem
Old 04-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #6
Andy Shirley

Profile:

post on the main page comments. Cntrl + F.

You don't have to look or scroll at all

/Or open apple + F, if you're on a Mac. Use a unique name as your identifier, I.E. not just "Chris" or "Dave"