CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #1
Adam Zelenay

Profile:
Just bought the Nano 3.0's...

Hi,
I hope this is the correct forum section. I just bough the Nano 3.0's . I bought the smallest size they had, which, by normal circumstances, would fit me just fine. I put them on and they felt just right. However, at home, I tried them on again with my workout socks, and they feel kinda loose, my foot is not completely in place (i.e it moves a little). I compared the size with my other shoes, lenght seems to be about just right, so I guess its the width that makes it feel so unusual. Even on the website it says " With a wide toe-box, these can feel a little roomy". Now Im not sure if thats the design and purpose of the shoe and Im just used to training in my previous running shoes (which held my foot completely in place) or should I try to get em exchanged ? thanks
Old 05-08-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
Cam Peavy

Profile:
Re: Just bought the Nano 3.0's...

Your feet shouldn't be moving around.. I'd go and make sure to try on the shoe WITH your normal socks on. Feet should feel sturdy so you can do virtually any movement comfortably.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #3
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Zelenay View Post
Hi,
I hope this is the correct forum section. I just bough the Nano 3.0's .
The intent for the section is:
Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?
Shoe questions usually go in Equipment, but no big deal.

Quote:
I bought the smallest size they had, which, by normal circumstances, would fit me just fine. I put them on and they felt just right. However, at home, I tried them on again with my workout socks, and they feel kinda loose, my foot is not completely in place (i.e it moves a little).
Well, first, just as with all other shoes, always try workout shoes on with a pair of socks typical of what you would have on when wearing those shoes. Your fault for not doing that.

And then, as Cam said, no there's no reason for you to wear shoes that don't fit right. Don't spend any time trying to get used to them. If they don't fit right, take `em back.

- Mark
Old 05-20-2014, 04:10 AM   #4
Kellie Paradis

Profile:

As all the replies you've got, its right that you shouldn't compromise with the size of the shoes which doesn't fit you. While working out it will only do harm. It's better you should return it back and get the one which fits you perfectly.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #5
Jason Falcon

Profile:

I love the looks of the 3.0's, but they just won't fit my foot unfortunately.

I ordered a pair that fit the length/width of my foot perfectly, but the heel cup is too narrow or something. Both heels felt too narrow. It was strange, never had that problem before.

Returned those, got the 2.0's in exact same size, they fit perfectly and still look great a few months later.