CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #11
Elliot Royce

Profile:
Roger:

Thanks. I'll give it a try. My only hesitation is that you'll be able to see just how bad I am at this! But maybe that will be a motivation.

David and Jamie - if you just cut and paste, then is there any functionality that you wouldn't get in a notebook? Presumably you can't use graphs or anything like that?
Old 08-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #12
Roger Harrell

Profile:
Well sort of not an issue. Currently no logs are public. Nobody (well except me accessing the database) can see your data. I'll be setting things soon so you can set your account to public or private. If private only you and your group administrator can see your data. If public it can be displayed in various metric pages, etc.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #13
David Sailor

Profile:
Hi Elliot,

I was looking for a program to track all of my activities and sports. I find it to be flexible enough to track everything I do, sort through it when necessary such as finding a rowing time, all my times doing "Fran" or how much soccer did I really play this past month. I've used notebooks in the past but just prefer the electronic filing process better, it's more organized and more editable than paper. Hope this helps, David
Old 08-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #14
Rick Frazier

Profile:
Hi all,

Have been lurking for awhile and figured it was time I chimed in. For a workout log I use iCal, the calendar program on a Mac. Cut and paste the workout in the notes section on a particular entry, then add your own data. Makes for a quick reference, easy to scroll through past workouts and searchable by keywords.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:41 AM   #15
Jamie Clark

Profile:
Elliot,

There are some great ideas on here and all will work depending on what you want. All are either free or have free trials as well so see what works for you.

As far as the functunality for My Sport Training, you can still use graphs for total workout time, duration spent in each activity, distance, heart rate info, etc. and the graphs display by week, month, 6 months, whatever to track progress. In addition to the search feature, its also easy to review by category, i.e. click on "crossfit" and all crossfit workouts for the set time period are displayed. Good luck with your decision...

Jamie