CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 04-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Samantha Rastagh

Profile:
Breast implants and Crossfit

Hi! I wanted to know if there are any ladies out there with some advice/experience with this. I'm thinking about getting implants as crossfitting and breastfeeding a baby for a few years have taken a toll on my breasts. I don't want to go really big, just get back to where I was BEFORE the shrinkage. I definately want to do it right, but am concerned about how long I may be out of crossfit. Currently, I crossfit 5x week and feel like I'm doing great in my WODs. I've been crossfitting for about 2 years. Anyone else decide to do implants while crossfitting? How long was the recovery before you're able to get back into it full time?
Old 04-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:
Re: Breast implants and Crossfit

I doubt it would be long enough where a few months of work wouldn't have you back at it again. Performance = short term. How you feel about how you look= long lasting.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #3
Diane Shadgett

Profile:
Re: Breast implants and Crossfit

I went through Stage 3 breast cancer last year, had a bi-lateral mastectomy and breast implants. My final surgery was February of this year and I am back full force!! The main thing I did was trained during treatment up to surgery and was given clearance 2wks post surgery for lower body, 4 wks full body. Your body may actually enjoy the rest. You will be fully recovered and able to come back even stronger!!