CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 01-30-2003, 10:48 PM   #1
Ari Vuorte

Profile:

I have been doing the WOD's two weeks now and I get sore after every workout, this should go away with time ay? Or is this something you have to live with when doing CrossFit style?

This is how I started to exercise (Rough start?):
-week 1: 3 Wod's + 2 Krav Maga sessions 90 min
-week 2: 2 Wod's + 1 Krav Maga session 90 min

So I think I'm in a state of over training, maybe 5 to 7 days of and some massage between any proposals??

-Ari
Old 01-31-2003, 10:57 AM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Ari- I was where you are at...some days the WOD is simply going through the motions. Active recovery. make sure your sleep is good (dark! and 9hrs) and you are eating paleo/zone.

Monitor your morning pulse rate right at waking. Establish a good baseline when you are pretty sure you are not over trained and then keep track of it. if it starts going up...back off on thigs a bit.
robb
Old 01-31-2003, 11:52 AM   #3
Ari Vuorte

Profile:

Thank's again Robb, active recovery is something I definetly have to do more often....

Paleo/Zone basic idea behind these?Do you have to count calories (I hate that)or do you get results without-> low body fat levels <10% and how long you have to follow the diet to get results?
Old 01-31-2003, 02:30 PM   #4
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Ari- check out the question I posed to Coach about caloric restriction. If you can tinker your BF% bwelow 10% it makes a huge difference in your insulin sensitivity and nutriteint partitioning (energy to muscle not fat). Grab a copy of the zone fom a used book store. Read the free articles found at www.thepaleodiet.com It is essentially high protein, moderate carb ( low glycemic,non refined and eschewing grains, legumes) good amounts of good fats. Give these things a read and let me know if you have further questions.
robb