CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #1
Meghan Truppner

Profile:
Level 3 back fusion question

Hi there. I have a level 3 fusion L3-S1 with 2 rods and 8 screws that I had done 5 years ago this month. It was a very long recovery but I am back to riding, training and competing Dressage horses and feel very fortunate to be one of the lucky ones to have this type of surgery be successful. I recently started Crossfit (January) to take my fitness to the next level for my horses. I have learned a ton about how I recovered (I was very lop sided strength wise) and for the most part really enjoyed it. It wasn't until recently that I started to have issues and I thought maybe I could get some ideas for alternatives to some of these exercises. For example, I can't do a sit up, hallow rocks or anything requiring my back to bend. I did dead lofts yesterday at 145 pounds and was told to change my position a bit and I was so crippled afterwards, I couldn't work. I also can't seem to be able to do the Turkish get-ups bc again your asking my back to bend and it doesn't. Anyone else have a similar injury and ideas on how to Taylor my Crossfit experience where I am successful without getting hurt?

Thanks much :-)