CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 04-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #331
Stephan Marcella

Profile:
Re: Ft. Lauderdale/Plantion Crossfitters

Brian - I am starting to train at a park in Ft. Lauderdale on the weekends, but I am sure I could meet you somewhere in the middle most weekends. I am currently looking for a box and hopefully will have a facility in the next few months that is up and running. Also, if you ever want to meet in WPB to train at Sonz on the weekend or during the week....PM me and I will email you my cell and we can meet up. I havethe following equipment: York rack, 540# in bumpers, 3 bars, 14kg to 32kg kettlebells, 25/40/55 dumbells, 24" plyobox, rings, and a C2 rower....and a 3/4ton pick up to haul the stuff with.

Stephan
www.crossfitbroward.com
work and family safe
Old 04-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #332
Diego Lopez

Profile:

Any of you guys know of any place in Lauderdale or Miami that I can find Kettlebells in (other than Sports Authority)? Looking for one that's 35lbs but don't want to mail order due to the shipping costs.

Thanks,

Diego
Old 04-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #333
Rick Gutierrez

Profile:

Diego,

Go to Gym Source, west off I-95 and N.W. 79St in Miami. They carry the Power Systems brand. Let me know if you need additional help.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #334
Stephan Marcella

Profile:

Hey Rick- how was NY? I may be going to Sarasota this week, and I will stop by GulfCoast CrossFit to say hi to Frank. He carries Muscle Driver KB's...when I am there I can see what he has and pick up what ever you need. Let me know!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #335
Rick Gutierrez

Profile:

Stephan,

NYC was fun, and my boys held up well. They were troopers and walked a bunch. A bit too cold for me the last couple of days. Sarasota is more my pace, that's our annual summer vacation. I'll stop by to see Frank again this year. Let me know if he has plyos. Did you get my email on the rubber hex db's?
Old 04-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #336
Stephan Marcella

Profile:

Hey Rick - Glad to hear you and the boys had a good time in NYC. Did you get the chance to see the Black Box? No, I did not receive the email. What was it about?

I finally got my email to work properly on the website stephan@crossfitbroward.com. It wil be easier to reach me there. I'll give you a shout this week. If I don't do the adventure race in WPB this weekend, I will make it to Weston for a WOD. Also, we may start training at local parks in the Plantation area during the week if you can make it. I will post the times and location on the website.

The last time I was at Frank's place, he did not have any plyoboxes. I recently made a 24" which came out well...slightlyout of shape but works. In the next week or two I am going to build a 20"...if you want, I can make one for you and give you the receipts for materials...no worries about the time. That is the least I can do for the heads up on the C2 rower...thanks again.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #337
Rick Gutierrez

Profile:

The email was in ref to rubber hex db's on miami craigslist. I'll phone the guy to see if he still has them. York brand 5 - 30lbs with stand for $250.00, i'm pretty sure he will negotiate. Let me know if you are interested.

Very interested in the plyobox, let me know the cost, I really appreciate it.

Glad to have you over for the WOD if you can make it, as soon as you post your times i'll arrange something on my end to that i can attend one as well
Old 04-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #338
Diego Lopez

Profile:

Thanks for the tip, Rick. Picked up my first KB a couple of days ago and look forward to having it kick my arse!
Old 04-17-2008, 07:19 AM   #339
Rick Gutierrez

Profile:

Diego,

My pleasure man, glad I could help out. Enjoy the pood...
Old 05-24-2008, 09:08 AM   #340
Manuel Baltodano

Profile:

Hello. Name's Manny. I work in the Plantation area and would like to do a WOD with your group. Nothing special physically, just a skinny 21 year old and I've been dabbling with Crossfit these past weeks liking to learn more. I've been to just about all gyms around my area in Miami and not one has a pull up bar or anywhere I can workout with a couple of big pads.

So, tell me if you guys wouldnn't mind another person tagging along trying to learn from you. Thanks.

Manny