CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 05-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #21
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: ATTENtiON LADIES!/Weight Loss on CF

Sounds like she need new pants.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #22
Glenn Pasewicz

Profile:

Well, she's living in Pgh now, so....
Old 05-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #23
adam adkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia Chance Nicosia View Post
I see some lady CF'ers having very lean & sexy bodys while others look too bulky and a bit masculine. Is this genetics, diet, or the way they are choosing to workout?
I would be interested in seeing pics of the ladies you consider too bulky just as a referrence point.

Also, I don't get the "I'm 40 lbs over weight but I am concerned about getting too bulky." Aren't you already too bulky?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #24
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

Just looked through this and opened up that article Beauty in Strength...VERY INSPIRING! I am currently working on getting stronger and I will tell you, I have been leaning out...not super fast..it is a process, but I am starting to notice and so are others. I am still working on the nutrition side...mostly trying to keep my intakes higher because I was practically starving myself before..still working on that but overall, feeling great and feel like I am truly making a lifestyle change and my progress is coming at a normal, healthy rate...so, if bulking up is what you fear, that definitely won't happen with Crossfit..not without making that your primary goal!

Anywho..thats my $.02
Old 05-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #25
Laura Rucker

Profile:

I did look too bulky (in my opinion) until I realized I was still eating a lot more food than I needed to support my workouts. As soon as I cut down my intake, my clothing sizes dropped, but I didn't lose any strength, and now my "bulkiness" is revealed for what is was: FAT.

Granted, I definitely do look muscular but I am still curvy and since modifying my diet, definition is what I have left, not size. And I still have a bit of bodyfat I need to rid myself of. Summer's coming and I want to wear shorts!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #26
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam adkins View Post
I would be interested in seeing pics of the ladies you consider too bulky just as a referrence point.
I think this is still the big question.

I mean, I am ripped...but I also wear a size 2/3. I'm skinny, can't help it. So, for the OP, does bulky have to do with muscle definition or overall size or both?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #27
Claudia Chance Nicosia

Profile:

I really appreciate everyones input, thank you all. I've only done my 3rd CF session this week but I think I'm in love and hope to be able to the weather the storms of aches, pains and dietary restrictions to get the body I know is hiding under all my chub! Here is a girl whose body just makes me dizzy with envy, MY idea of the perfect body, balanced with leaness but still sexy & feminine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw_ZR86hNQI

Tamara I think your hard work has CLEARLY paid off for you and your body is crazy hard, but it's a little extreme for me personally but I hate judging pictures because I know I don't have the guts to put up any pictures of me Thanks again I am very glad to have accidently stumbled upon this community!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #28
Suzanne Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
I really appreciate everyones input, thank you all. I've only done my 3rd CF session this week but I think I'm in love and hope to be able to the weather the storms of aches, pains and dietary restrictions to get the body I know is hiding under all my chub! Here is a girl whose body just makes me dizzy with envy, MY idea of the perfect body, balanced with leaness but still sexy & feminine.

Tamara I think your hard work has CLEARLY paid off for you and your body is crazy hard, but it's a little extreme for me personally but I hate judging pictures because I know I don't have the guts to put up any pictures of me Thanks again I am very glad to have accidently stumbled upon this community!
See, the first thing I noticed about her was the huge implants. I think she would look much better without those. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder!! She does look great otherwise-
Old 05-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #29
John Jaeckel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne Parton View Post
See, the first thing I noticed about her was the huge implants. I think she would look much better without those. Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder!! She does look great otherwise-
+1,

Though I think she could take the gold if pole dancing ever becomes an Olympic Sport.

Last edited by John Jaeckel : 05-06-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #30
Jason Wallis

Profile:

She makes me dizzy also.... but envy wasn't the reason.
Quote: