CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 11-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
Beth Yehaskel

Profile:
2nd Crossfit Workout Done!

After debating and procrastinating (and being intimidated by all these elite folks) I joined, completed my Elements sessions and just had my 2nd ever full Crossfit workout.

I have to say - I'm a person who will stick with a half-marathon training or whatever, then when its over just stop. Or get bored. Or off track. (like everyone, I can always come up with excuses for not working out!) I love the community aspect of this, and the variety, and the fact that I already know the women in my group will not ignore it if I don't show up.

I'm glad to be starting this now - as for the food stuff, I eat pretty well, but I do have a very social life with wine and beer. I'm going to try to ease off that for the holidays a bit, but will hold off on trying this Paleo diet thing and 30 days dry until January 1.

Anyway, thanks for welcoming a person who is trying to just get in shape and be healthier. Speaking for those of us not in the best shape - keep in mind that we appreciate when you Crossfit elite talk to us and support us. Some of you are intimiating!!!

Glad to be here,
Beth
Old 11-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Joshua Refenes

Profile:
Re: 2nd Crossfit Workout Done!

Beth,
It's always great to hear when other people have picked up on CrossFit and become as addicted as the rest of us! Congrats!!

My wife convinced me to do the 30-day strict-Paleo challenge back in October. We had been following Zone about 80% of the time so it wasn't too much of a strech for us. It wasn't too hard to do, just make sure you do adequate planning for your daily meals. I was cooking up large batches of meat to divide up into smaller portions for my lunches while my wife would cut up a bunch of fruit/veggies and do the same thing. It worked out really well when we planned ahead. Now that we're done with strict-Paleo, we probably still follow it 80% of the time (whenever we eat at home), and making smarter decisions when we do go out and socialize. It's been great and I'm glad we did it.

One last thing...if you think you're hooked now, just wait a couple months when you start doing the same WODs that you're doing now, and you see your improvement!!

Keep up the hard work!