CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #21
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:
Re: Feel like I'm restarting.

I guess my biggest problem is that I'm OCD and have a bit of a disorder about my weight. Any meal I eat that is "too fattening" or anytime spent away from the gym causes me to panic and think I'm not going to lose weight or gain a ton of weight back.
Basically I've been fat for so long and I'm so weird about wanting to get rid of it that I obsess over it and cause myself to freak over tiny things.
It's weird, you'd think someone with this complex wouldn't actually be fat.

Oh well, I'll get into it hard and heavy. I'm disappointed I missed Murph. I have rugby practice tomorrow so I won't be doing a WoD. But, Wednesday instead of whatever WoD is posted I think I'll do Murph. Of course I'll be doing the buttercup version. I usually either do buttercups or puppies. I wish I could do as RX'd, but in due time young one. lol
Thursday I have practice and Friday I was thinking of lifting heavy and doing the Thursday WoD like I've done in the past depending on what the WoD is.
Saturday I have a rugby game, but I doubt I'll play too much so I'm not afraid to lift heavy the day before. If not I'll hit a heavy lift Sunday. I know I want a good heavy squat, DL, press and bench at some point this week.
Usually I do at least one of these heavy lifts (more often than not the squat) after Monday and Wednesdays WoD. It's just the extra work I like to throw in there. A few sets of heavy squats. I'm weird, I love to squat. lol. I usually only throw in DL and Press when a WoD calls for it. And I bench every now and then.
I think I just planned out my week. lol
Yay, I'm excited about the week ahead.

Last edited by Jason R O'Dell : 03-23-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #22
Steven Low

Profile:

d00d stop whining and just do it!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #23
Júlíus Magnússon

Profile:

I've seen a couple of your threads. Most of them is just you whining. Quit *****ing and man up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
I guess I'm scared that I lost everything in the last 2 weeks and I'm starting from absolute square one again.
You started doing this for real beginning of March / end of February. That's two whole weeks. Then you took two whole weeks off. Guess what? You probably will have to start from absolute square one again.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #24
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

So much venom. It burns.

I figured out my plan for the week. I'll hit it and get after it. No need for attacks. I know what I'm doing now.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #25
Remco Heerdink

Profile:

Ah dude its not venom, just people kickin' you in the butt and getting you movin' again.

Good friends say your a ****in' ***** and then help you man up again.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #26
Jeff S Johnson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
It sucks because right before I left I PR'd on the squat and deadlift (245 on each). While not much weight, it was an accomplishment for me. I hope I can get back to there and beyond quickly.
Two words:

Muscle memory.

You may have lost some or all of your previous gains in your layoff. But because it was a short layoff, the above two words mean you'll get it back quickly.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #27
Brian Bedell

Profile:

I just took off about 10 days b/c I went to the bahamas and then was sick. The first week back I felt the same as you, but this week things are falling back into place. You did not lose everything, and anything you did "lose" will come back super fast. Just get your diet dialed in quick, that is the biggest difference. All that sugar and carbs makes you slow and fat. 1-2-3...
Old 03-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #28
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Well, I did workout last night and felt fine. Tonight I'm doing Murph (scaled of course) so we'll see how I do.

I think where I'm restarting the most is my diet. I spent the whole week eating all I want. Now my sweet tooth is back and my love for chips and salsa. Must kill those again.....lol.

I really need a fat picture of myself (i have one from college when i was near 300) and a picture of a body I want to achieve side by side in the kitchen and anywhere else where temptation finds me and then look at them and think "Do you really want that burrito? Which one of these guys do you think ate that burrito?"
Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #29
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Performance, not looks
Old 03-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #30
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
Performance, not looks
Ok well I'd kill to perform like Adrian Peterson and so that's likely who I'd hang up as the other photo.
So I'd be like "Well which do you think ate that burrito? Who performs better? Adrian Peterson doesn't need a burrito to fuel him, just the blood of his enemies." Haha.