CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #21
Jennifer Woods

Profile:
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Gallagher View Post
Two other questions:

Does paleo restrict the amount of food you eat like zone does? I just starting reading about paleo online but I havent figured that out yet.

Are beans paleo? It seems like people say they eat beans, but I thought they were off limits.

Thanks.
Lisa,

Here is a link that has a great overall explanation of what is paleo "safe" www.nerdheaven.dk/%7Ejevk/paleo_intro.php (wfs). It's from my friend's favorite links and I always find it great for quick reference.

Hope this helps a little
Old 01-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #22
John Penner

Profile:

0 sugar today
Old 01-02-2009, 07:15 AM   #23
Jill Kroos

Profile:

Hi, my name is Jill and I'm an addict!

So far this year, I've been good about staying away from the sugar and grain ( a whole two days! woohoo!) and hope to keep it up. I actually started a loose sort of paleo (I can't get rid of the dairy!) about 3 weeks ago. I really haven't noticed any body shape changes, but my crossfit performance went through the roof over the past couple weeks.

The only problem I'm having with paleo is portion control. I know I can really put away a meal, so I try not to rely too much on feeling full. I'm trying to keep zone portions while eating paleo style. Has anyone tried that? Has it worked out well?
Old 01-02-2009, 09:07 AM   #24
Kerry Guere

Profile:

Hi peeps, my name is Kerry and I am starting this challenge with my husband and my to good friends. This is the first time I have done this challeng. Before, I ate pretty much Zone but not strict. Over the holidays, I pretty much ate what I wanted, a lot more sugar than usual. So needless to say, my workouts haven't been the greatest and I have been feeling tired.

I dont think this will be too hard. (I hope) With the support of my husband, my good friends and all of you, I know I can do it. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Until next time....
Old 01-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #25
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Gallagher View Post
Two other questions:

Does paleo restrict the amount of food you eat like zone does? I just starting reading about paleo online but I havent figured that out yet.

Are beans paleo? It seems like people say they eat beans, but I thought they were off limits.

Thanks.
Paleo doesn't restrict the amount of food you eat, just eat good whole food. I forget about beans though, partly because I don't care for them.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #26
Melissa Urban

Profile:

I can attest to the fact that my BFF Jenn Woods ate no grains or sugars at breakfast this morning. And trust me, resisting the homemade anadama toast is an accomplishment.

Many people choose to eat Zone proportions with Paleo food, so that's an option if you're a Zone-r and working this challenge.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #27
Bob Guere

Profile:

Here I am in all my addicted glory. Day one is today. I'm drinking my coffee with only heavy cream.... can't stand stevia in coffee, it's like I stirred it with a lead spoon or something. B'fast was eggs, cheese and some ham. This begins the new year....

My goals are simple: Lean out! I'm fully aware of the health problems that exist while eating G/S, so that's a no-brainer. But I need to lean out. This first CF year has been great, but I want year #2 to be twice as great. I cheated way to much, and let myself WOD with injuries too often. Time to put on the big boy underwear, suck it up, and get serious.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #28
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

hello all, long day....switched from night shift to day shift and didnt sleep in between and going on 26 hours now. I've still been eating holiday treats, but ensured that our monthly BBQ consisted of a large amount of meats and veggies......and now we have ribs, chicken, a bacon roll (wfs) and some grilled veggies for the weekend.

Get off work in one hour, thinking I will crash hard once I hit my rack.

Paleo zone is much more fun than regular zone, I think, because a huge plate of broccoli is so much more appealing than a measly 1/4 cup of cooked grains.

ok, ok, ok....I'll say it. Hello, my name is Amber and I am a sugar addict. i especially love to have hot coffee with all my sweets, which makes for an interesting combination of lethargic awakeness.

good night.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #29
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Penner View Post
0 sugar today
YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Mathwig View Post
hello all, long day....switched from night shift to day shift and didnt sleep in between and going on 26 hours now. I've still been eating holiday treats, but ensured that our monthly BBQ consisted of a large amount of meats and veggies......and now we have ribs, chicken, a bacon roll (wfs) and some grilled veggies for the weekend.

Get off work in one hour, thinking I will crash hard once I hit my rack.

Paleo zone is much more fun than regular zone, I think, because a huge plate of broccoli is so much more appealing than a measly 1/4 cup of cooked grains.

ok, ok, ok....I'll say it. Hello, my name is Amber and I am a sugar addict. i especially love to have hot coffee with all my sweets, which makes for an interesting combination of lethargic awakeness.

good night.
Get some sleep there!!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #30
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

I did have one spoonful of my girlfriend's suuuuuper yummy spicy corn today, but other than that I've been good. I didn't even realize it, but there is a pomegranate diet 7-up now. It was quite tasty. The rest of lunch was steak and rosemary feta green beans. Dinner was enchiladas (egg crepes instead of tortillas) and a salad. Breakfast didn't happen, so I might fix a snack later on. Apple and cheese. Nom nom nom...