CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 12-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Charles Burnett

Profile:
Only discuss Topics moderators want you to?

"It should be obvious by now that some topics are not up for discussion in this forum. There are plenty of other places for you to discuss them, this is not one of them. Sorry if that upsets you, but it is time to accept it and move on."

I take this to me "do not talk about it here. If you do, we will shut you down. Talk about it where we can't or won't hear it...

It's part of my job to understand and try to address things that cause civil unrest. Not allowing people the liberty to have civil and open debate is nothing more than censorship. If you think it is something else then you only need look to Venezuela.

The "Black Box" concept stems from Political Theory, it isn't a new concept. The idea is, we don't care about what happens on the inside, as long as the result works. Debate, alternate ideas, going against the mainstream. These are all things that I associate with CrossFit and what initially attracted me to the methodology. Let's not get on a slippery slope and prevent this from happening in our community.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Only discuss Topics moderators want you to?

*shrug* He who owns the site makes the rules. It's pretty clear what the rule is on this, even if it's not in the AUP. One more thread closing in 3 2 1 ...

Katherine

Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:

Freedom of speech does not mean that every organization must provide every person a forum to express every viewpoint. Besides, certain topics here are well known to dissolve into chaos. There is no lack of "complain & moan" forums on the Internet; this simply isn't one of them.

Charles, you have fifteen posts so far. I've made thousands, so has Katherine. Obviously we don't feel as constrained as you.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Their boards, their rules. If they don't want a subject discussed, whether it could improve the community or not, they will shut it down.