CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 05-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #71
Jason Wallis

Profile:
Re: Feeling weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
Regionals? Why not London? I hear there's some sort of athletic contest going on there this summer.
I'm considering London myself. I have a little coaching in the oly lifts, and I've been watching some youtube videos. I'm prepared to work as hard as needed for the next 7-14 hours to make my dream come true. Anyone have any advice I can ignore, I mean use?
Old 05-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #72
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Wallis View Post
I'm considering London myself. I have a little coaching in the oly lifts, and I've been watching some youtube videos. I'm prepared to work as hard as needed for the next 7-14 hours to make my dream come true. Anyone have any advice I can ignore, I mean use?
You should try the "Exponential Progression" programming that Matthew Scwartz mentioned in one of those threads. You'll have a 200kg snatch by yesterday. Also if you supplement that programming with 20 UB c**k-punches for time each morning, your conditioning will make you the best exerciser on the planet.

/wharrbbgarbblll
//I could do this all day, thread officially derailed.
///slashies!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #73
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
Regionals? Why not London? I hear there's some sort of athletic contest going on there this summer.
Didn't realize we had a tennis pro in our midst (Wimbledon)!

The Olympics. I know.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #74
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T Johnson View Post
I only have a month til boot camp.
i was going to recommend a bunch of stuff until i saw this... look, if you only have a month until boot camp then don't stress. you are not going to make major improvements and you aren't going to experience major loses in only a month. my recommendation would be to cut back on the working out and spend time enjoying life. hang out with friends, go see some movies, eat all your favorite foods, and get lots of sleep. the best thing you can do for boot camp is make sure you show up fresh. physically well rested and recovered. mentally sharp. emotionally at peace. not tired, run down, exhausted. no stress or worry. workout a little, enjoy life, get rest (physically, mentally, emotionally). you will get all the working out you need at boot camp. plus you will not get much sleep and you will have plenty of stress. you won't have control over your workouts, your schedule, your sleep, or what you eat. you will probably lose a little weight too. and you won't have access to things you enjoy or food you like. so take the next month and allow yourself to show up your best and ready to go. once out of boot camp and back on a normal schedule and at a place you can get into a routine, then holler back at us and we can help you determine a program that meets your goals. there is not reason to start any type of program or set any sort of goals right now because you won't have control over any of that anyway. the only thing you might do that would make a difference at this point is to start walking a mile or two everyday with a 20 to 35 lb backpack.

once you get out of bootcamp, if you do want to keep training with such high volume, check out some of the programs out there that are geared towards that. then you can still get in strength plus work capacity plus endurance, and still follow smart programming. Miltary Athlete and Sealfit are geared toward military stuff. crossfit endurance is another good option. you can also check out the recommend workouts put out by the military for people to follow to get ready for spec ops training. here is the ones for spec ops Army and BUDS for the seals...

http://www.bragg.army.mil/sorb/Text/SELECTED_EBOOK.pdf (WFS)

http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seals-buds-prep-docs.aspx (WFS)

and there are tons of other great websites and resources out there. for now just get through boot camp, get to a unit, get a normal schedule, and then come back and we can all talk more. good luck in your training.

Last edited by Andrew N. Casey : 05-07-2012 at 02:18 PM.