CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 10-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
Cliff R. Heegel

Profile:
Re: Chasing down a pickpocketer

Just some food for thought. This happened in my city a year or two ago:

A thug snatched a purse from an elderly woman who had exited a busy local grocery store. A good samaritan chased and caught the thug. The thug stabbed the good samaritan once with a 10" kitchen knife. The good samaritan bled to death.

I would think twice about getting too close to folks who are crazy enough to steal like this unless you know how to defend your life when you are attacked at close range with a knife or a hand gun.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #12
Damon Gault

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R. Heegel View Post
I would think twice about getting too close to folks who are crazy enough to steal like this unless you know how to defend your life when you are attacked at close range with a knife or a hand gun.
This ^^^^ Or you're likely to end up spilling your elite cf blood all over the cement.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #13
Shane Gibson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R. Heegel View Post
Just some food for thought. This happened in my city a year or two ago:

A thug snatched a purse from an elderly woman who had exited a busy local grocery store. A good samaritan chased and caught the thug. The thug stabbed the good samaritan once with a 10" kitchen knife. The good samaritan bled to death.

I couldn't agree more. I am more than prepared to enter confrontation as required to protect the safety and well being of myself, my family and others. However, a hand full of cash is hardly worth risking the possibility of getting stabbed, shot or beat up. This guy was running away and not threatening anyone...call the police and possibly see if you can follow the theif from a safe distance. Now, to the original poster, I mean no disrespect, your actions were noble and ultimately turned out good, I just feel that money/possessions alone are not worth taking the risk of your safety with such an obviously unstable individual.