CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 10-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
Brock Cochran

Profile:
AF PT test

Not sure how much of a testimonial it is, but it says something for CrossFit style training vs. traditional split weight training.

I took my PT test for the AF and my best friend and I were competing against each other. Our test consists of max pushups and situps in one minute and then a mile and a half run.

Him and I were counting partners and he did 61 pushups, I did 59. Since he benches 300lbs, I expected to get beat with this one. He did 55 situps and I did 61. I also finished the 1 1/2 mile about 45 seconds before him. Side note, wore my VFF's for the run. I got mixed re-actions from people in my squadron. Most told me I wouldn't be able to run in them or thought I was crazy for trying, and others asked me where they could get themselves a pair!

Anyway, this is the first PT test I've done since I started doing CrossFit, and I scored higher than I ever have before! Also, my buddy is convinced he needs to broaden his fitness a little more.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
Lisa Jeansonne Johnston

Profile:
Re: AF PT test

Awesome results!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
Brock Cochran

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Jeansonne Johnston View Post
Awesome results!
Thank you, Lisa!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:45 AM   #4
George R Coleman

Profile:

I know the feeling. For the Navy we have the same type thing every 6 months just we got 2 min for push-ups and sit-ups. My numbers took off like a rocket since i started CF. About 3 months into CF i asked myself "How well will I do?" I have been in for 10 years and I have not run our mile and a half in under 10:30 in like 4 years. When we did it this time, I cut a whole min and felt that i could have gone harder and faster! Keep pushing and your times and numbers will continue to leave the "GLOBAL" guys in the dust!

OUTSTANDING!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
Max Chianese

Profile:

I love how you can get good at exercises you never do with Crossfit.
I took a school PT test today got 89 push ups(no time limit). I haven't Crossfitted since March, just straight up benching/pull ups/presses.
But when I crossfitted I could break 100 (101PR).
Best program out there but seeing my classmates exercise, I know most of the population would fail at Crossfit, unfortunately.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Chianese View Post
Best program out there but seeing my classmates exercise, I know most of the population would fail at Crossfit, unfortunately.
Thats not a very good thing to say, anyone can crossfit! They would fail only because their self-doubts/excuses get in the way. No one's body can prevent them from crossfitting, but their minds do.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
Max Chianese

Profile:

Rebecca I was reffering to people's mind since they don't have the motivation to exercise they would definetly have a hard time assimilating to Crossfit's workout tempo. Then again the people in my class weren't exactly the best in my school.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #8
Garrett Groesbeck

Profile:

I am new to crossfit I just signed up a couple of hours ago. I am in the army I am currently deployed. My goals are to do better on my APFT to the point where I can get home and go to airborne school. On my last one I did 36 pushups weakest event always 58 situps and 1550 two mile run.
I need 49 pushups and 60 situps and 1545 on my run. Any ideas how I can use crossfit to get the results I need? I thought about doing a mix and 3-4 days a week doubling up crossfit and crossfit endurance. Is there a better method?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
Brock Cochran

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Groesbeck View Post
I am new to crossfit I just signed up a couple of hours ago. I am in the army I am currently deployed. My goals are to do better on my APFT to the point where I can get home and go to airborne school. On my last one I did 36 pushups weakest event always 58 situps and 1550 two mile run.
I need 49 pushups and 60 situps and 1545 on my run. Any ideas how I can use crossfit to get the results I need? I thought about doing a mix and 3-4 days a week doubling up crossfit and crossfit endurance. Is there a better method?
In my opinion, if you stick with Crossfit 4 day a week, you'll be able to achieve those goals. You're not far off on your run goal so I don't think crossfit endurance would be much more benefit than just doing the mainsite WOD's or whatever gym you go to. In my opinion.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #10
Garrett Groesbeck

Profile:

Thanks man I will try that then.