CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-12-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
Michael Brewer

Profile:
Did CFT today and set PRs in each (DL 242, BS 230, P 110)

Yesterday I ran the stadium stairs here at UCLA. Old PR was 14:30, set a little over a month ago. That was just 6 seconds better than my long time standing PR for over a year. New PR set yesterday smoked old PR 13:56! I was amazed and resorted to counting on my fingers to be sure I had the time right :P

Crossfit really is awesome. For a year solid I ran the same stadium stairs every day, four or five days a week and would only get 15:30 +-30 seconds, the old pr was a huge acheivement back then. Three months of crossfit and a new record was set. Another month and record is broken again.

Fact of the matter is: With Crossfit, records fall.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
Connie Morreale

Profile:
good news.:banana: thanks for posting!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:20 AM   #3
John Maloney

Profile:
Michael, do you train at an affiliate gym? There's one in the valley (I train there - valleycrossfit.com) and one in Santa Monica (Petranek fitness). There's no way I could push as hard as I/we do training solo.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
Michael Brewer

Profile:
I would like to go to one of the local crossfit facilities, but I am always pressed for time. If it wasn't for the fact that UCLA has a gym right on campus. I get off work and spend an hour there before I go home for the day.

I know what you mean about working out with others. I convinced my coworker to try crossfit with me when I started a few months ago. He had gotten bored with the same old strenght training workouts. Now he is genuinely excited to hear what workout is in store for the day.

Generally we both have had 6-10% gains accross the board every month. Previously he had plateaued with his old workout routines.