CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
Elfrieth Sonny Rodriguez
Member Elfrieth Sonny Rodriguez is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami  Florida
Posts: 11
...because Im better than you!

So my friend who is a body builder got a front desk job at a local globo gym and he always use to call me over because he was bored and while I was there I used their barbells to practice my oly lifts. So one day I decided to try "fran" at the gym and he decided to watch and count for me, after I was done at (13min 56 sec) and laying on the ground gasping for air he decided to talk trash saying things like "I cound do that rutine in 5min" or "you should start working for aesthetics you would be happier" "bro! that is not hard". So one day out of the blue while Im working on my Oly lifts at the same gym he rudely interupts me and decides to take a crack at "fran", we didnt have a watch so he interupts a lady who is on a treadmill to ask for her watch. So we set up the barbell we get near the pull up bar and is 3,2,1, GO!!!! He flew through the first 21 push presses and he went to the pull ups and flew through the too... to make the long story short he never finished "Fran" its more like "Fran" finished him and he was introduced to "peuke" for the first time still to this day every time he talks crap about him being better than me I allways bring it up. LOL

Sonny R.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
William Hunter
Member William Hunter is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Rome  GA
Posts: 967
Re: ...because Im better than you!

LOL that's a very funny story.

While I agree that those of us that appreciate CF have to often use some tact when we introduce these concepts to people we may not know very well, I personally loooove talking smack with my friends who work out religiously, but don't do anything close to CF. Seeing a friend puke, or in my most recent case, not be able to walk for 3 days following 400m/50sq x 4 at the local track, gives me warm fuzzies inside.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
Jake Oleander
Member Jake Oleander is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami  FL
Posts: 540
Re: ...because Im better than you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfrieth Sonny Rodriguez View Post
So my friend who is a body builder got a front desk job at a local globo gym and he always use to call me over because he was bored and while I was there I used their barbells to practice my oly lifts. So one day I decided to try "fran" at the gym and he decided to watch and count for me, after I was done at (13min 56 sec) and laying on the ground gasping for air he decided to talk trash saying things like "I cound do that rutine in 5min" or "you should start working for aesthetics you would be happier" "bro! that is not hard". So one day out of the blue while Im working on my Oly lifts at the same gym he rudely interupts me and decides to take a crack at "fran", we didnt have a watch so he interupts a lady who is on a treadmill to ask for her watch. So we set up the barbell we get near the pull up bar and is 3,2,1, GO!!!! He flew through the first 21 push presses and he went to the pull ups and flew through the too... to make the long story short he never finished "Fran" its more like "Fran" finished him and he was introduced to "peuke" for the first time still to this day every time he talks crap about him being better than me I allways bring it up. LOL

Sonny R.

have you found a place in miami to do o-lifts?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
Gant Grimes
Departed Gant Grimes is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 1970
 
Posts: 1,549
Re: ...because Im better than you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfrieth Sonny Rodriguez View Post
He flew through the first 21 push presses and he went to the pull ups and flew through the too


Wow. With that intensity, you should give him a courtesy call to make sure that Pukie is the only clown he met.

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
Arden Cogar Jr.
Member Arden Cogar Jr. is offline
 
Arden Cogar Jr.'s Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charleston  WV
Posts: 950
Re: ...because Im better than you!

Yep, that's what people think when they see this stuff on paper and see someone, who's done it, doing it. "It's not that tough." My immediate response, and I only "do" the girls ocassionally because I know better and it's not my main impetus right now, is "I'll do it again in two days, same time, same place; do it with me. You game?"

One guy watched me do a subcorrect weight Helen and thought it didn't look too bad. So I told him to try it with 1/2 the recommended weight, if he was game? He was. He made it through the first three rounds, cussed me, and went home.

I love this stuff.

Having read this, I really need to get back into more met con.

All the best,
Arden
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:29 AM   #6
Randy Kite
Affiliate Randy Kite is offline
 
Randy Kite's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Asheville  NC
Posts: 108
Re: ...because Im better than you!

I love it!

Some of my soldiers and LEOs had similar ideas.

I didn't even have to introduce them to the girls. I just hadll them to try the CF warm up.

For most that was more than enough.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #7
Elfrieth Sonny Rodriguez
Member Elfrieth Sonny Rodriguez is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami  Florida
Posts: 11
Re: ...because Im better than you!

Hey Jake! I see you live in Miami also, cool! No I havent found a place to practice my oly lifts, my friend quit the gym so I cant practise there any more, I practise the lifts on my own at Margarette pace park hit me up if you ever want to get together for a workout.

God bless. Sonny r
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
Gant Grimes
Departed Gant Grimes is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 1970
 
Posts: 1,549
Re: ...because Im better than you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden Cogar Jr. View Post
Having read this, I really need to get back into more met con.
Arden, check out the supplemental metcon at Catalyst Athletics (wfs). It's still high intensity, but it's lower volume and uses more supplemental strength exercises. It won't give you all the metcon benefit of "Michael," but it won't kill your ***, either. It's programmed to go along with specific OLY workouts, but it should suit your purposes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #9
Arden Cogar Jr.
Member Arden Cogar Jr. is offline
 
Arden Cogar Jr.'s Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charleston  WV
Posts: 950
Re: ...because Im better than you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gant Grimes View Post
Arden, check out the supplemental metcon at Catalyst Athletics (wfs). It's still high intensity, but it's lower volume and uses more supplemental strength exercises. It won't give you all the metcon benefit of "Michael," but it won't kill your ***, either. It's programmed to go along with specific OLY workouts, but it should suit your purposes.
Gant,
Sweet. Thanks. I've added to my favorites and will check it out tonight and over the weekend.

All the best,
Arden
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
Justin Algera
Member Justin Algera is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York  NY
Posts: 397
Re: ...because Im better than you!

Just think how much harder it would have been if he did thrusters...
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.