CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 08-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
William Wilkerson

Profile:
Talking 1 year after Severe Traumatic Brain Injury

CrossFit has changed my life, I was hit by a drunk driver last year and received a severe traumatic brain injury, a shattered face, and a broken forearm. Doctors say I shouldn't be able to function as good as I am, but I know God has a purpose. He has made me a better husband and father, and the house that I began to rent last October, little did I know had a CrossFit Gym behind it. That gym was started on Aug 1 2011 I was hit on July 31, 2011. CrossFit enabled me to get off all medications only 5months after my accident...that includes pain pills and anti depressants. I just wanted to write to share a song I wrote years ago for 12Stone Church in Buford, Ga. It is called Awake O Sleeper and little did I know it was foreshadowing what I would be going through this past year. Praise God for Redemption. You can download it on Itunes and use it in your box to inspire, here is the short film that went with it. By the way I do not make any money off of this I genuinely want to help people. The accident put my wife and I 1 million dollars in debt and we worry not about money. God puts his resources behind his purpose. Be Well and if you like it please share it.

http://youtu.be/F1xvoD-sP3k

http://www.billywilkerson.tumblr.com
Old 09-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
Scott Alexander

Profile:
Re: 1 year after Severe Traumatic Brain Injury

Billy,

Great post. Keep up the good improvements.

God bless,
Scott
Old 09-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
Steve Higgins

Profile:
Re: 1 year after Severe Traumatic Brain Injury

great story!! Keep up the hard work it obviously pays off.