CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 12-23-2005, 01:54 AM   #1
Jamila Bey

Profile:
http://www.fitworkz.com/page.aspx?page_id=60

So I found this site, and it looks like it will work... Anyone else ever successfully try GH Raises in this manner?
Old 12-23-2005, 07:29 AM   #2
Jan Szyndler

Profile:
Never saw it utilizing the ball in that manner before.
Thanks,:happy:
Jan
Old 12-23-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
Garrett Smith

Profile:
I had the distinct impression from the BFS GHR PDF (is that enough acronyms in a row?) that the knees are NOT supposed to be on the pad, they should be BEHIND the pad, not touching it at all. The thighs should "rest" (ha ha, rest) on the pad through the movement. This is why true GHR machines (or DIY contraptions) have a semicircular pad--for the arcing path of the thigh. Putting the knees directly on the pad creates a lot of pressure/grinding of the patellar/quadriceps tendon on the tibia. Not advisable.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:32 PM   #4
Eric Moffit

Profile:
i do them like Garrett mentioned w/ the knees behind the pad and thighs 'resting' on the seat, bending at the hip. i cant quite go through the full ROM but it works pretty well. be careful not to slam your face into the ground when you go for quicker reps...my nose has kissed the ground several times 'and it frightens me' (Andre 3000??).

(Message edited by ediddy on December 23, 2005)
Old 12-26-2005, 07:21 PM   #5
Theron Mathis

Profile:
Thanks for these tips. I was at the gym tonight where we do not have a ghd piece or a roman chair or anything resembling the like.

I walked over to the lat pulldown and did as instructed and used it not for the GHD exercise, although I tried a couple, I used it for back extension and ghd situps. Excellent. Got some strange looks, but what's new.

Thanks again.