CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
Jennifer Conlin

Profile:
Looking for injured vets who wan to do CF

As some of you know I live her in Silver Spring, MD very close to Walter Reed and not to far from Navel Bethesda. I would love to find out if there are any disable vets that are in the area who want to give Crossfit a go. I see them on the News getting rehab with there prosthetic legs and arms. I see people who go visit them once they are out of the acute setting. I just don't have any personal contacts to have these folks refered to me. If anyone has some contact with someone injured at war(or any just injured) It would be super cool if they sent them my way.
I have a Nero and Orthopitics rehab background. I know that somehow some way I can get them doing Crossfit. I've worked with Paraplegics and quadriplegics, amputees and everything in between. What I'm saying is that I'm comfortable with these things.
I believe that I can be creative and get them working with-in there abilities and beyond.
The most important thing is that they are out of the acute setting and have a go ahead from there doctor.
I have an outstanding support system here in the DC area. Between me Tom Brose, Jerry Hill, Fred Fialco, Jesse Woody, Brian Wilson, and all the other people in my extended net work I'm sure we can workout some solutions!
Thanks
Jen
conlin19@yahoo.com
Old 03-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
Jonathan Rich

Profile:
Re: Looking for injured vets who wan to do CF

I'm afraid I can't help you with contacts Jennifer, but I really appreciate you doing this. I think the majority of most Americans don't realize the sacrifice of these men and women. Thank you for making a difference for these soldiers when they get home.