CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Glenn Baggett

Profile:
Re: Getting too big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Base View Post
And Rich and Dan Bailey don't JUST do Crossfit WOD's, they're both on regimented strength programs along with their Crossfit training.

I guess the simple question is this: if you don't want to get stronger, then why are you doing Crossfit? Getting bigger comes with the territory of getting stronger.
I understand that they do strength programs and like I said, they are not big. They are muscular yes but they look bigger than they are and these are the top guys with awesome genetics so I dont feel that CF will make you too big.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
Steven Wingo

Profile:

Look on the bright side--there are definitely worse problems to have.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #13
Dakota Base

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baggett View Post
I understand that they do strength programs and like I said, they are not big. They are muscular yes but they look bigger than they are and these are the top guys with awesome genetics so I dont feel that CF will make you too big.
Wasn't arguing with you Glenn, or even responding to you at all. I quoted your post as a foundation, then meant to expand on it to help put Brian's fears to rest. You mentioned the top dogs, but didn't point out to Brian that they don't JUST do Mainpage WOD's, they're on a strength program also, which would make them 'bigger' than WOD'ing alone. I felt it was worth pointing out that what Rich and Dan do is NOT what he's doing.

I share your philosophy, that Dan and Rich aren't what I'd call "Big". My point was that strength programs will make a person 'bigger' moreso than standard Mainpage WOD'ing can, so therefore:

If Strength > Crossfit for making you bigger, and Strength + Crossfit doesn't make a guy "big", then obviously Crossfit won't make a guy big on it's own.

Now, if Brian believes that Rich and Dan are "too big", then we have other issues.

EDIT: I guess to be fair, Dan and Rich's BMI are technically "overweight", lol!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #14
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

since the OP hasn't shown back up then i think this thread is pointless. either he was a troll or else doesn't care too much about the topic. if he does show back up and actually answers some questions then maybe we can help. until then why argue or guess between ourselves.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #15
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew N. Casey View Post
until then why argue or guess between ourselves.
Tradition.

- Mark
Old 10-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
Tradition.

- Mark
good point. i am hearing the song from "fiddler on the roof" in my head now.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #17
Bryan Spillman

Profile:

I have not dropped too much in size, but often believe I am not the optimal size for crossfit workout style.

5'11" @ 230 lbs. Probably about 14-18% body fat, last time i got measured was 14%.. (i am built like a rectangle)... Age 37... desk job...

I personally would like to get down to the 210-200 lb range but don't know if my body will let me. I keep crossfitting, running, and now I have been slowly adding pilates\yoga to the mix.. I just keep getting bigger. Now that being said, my performance isn't taking too much of a hit, but longer metcons still suck!

after 2 years I am finally getting muscle ups more frequently in wods, but it is hit or miss. #threadhijackcomplete