CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-01-2003, 07:54 PM   #1
Tyler Hass

Profile:
Coach I really enjoyed reading the new CrossFit journal. The article about how you design the program is incredible. I never realized how simple it is, and yet complex at the same time. A mathematician would probably call it "simplex".
It was very well written and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The CFJ is one of the best resources out there, in my opinion.
As a matter of fact my workouts are starting to look more and more like CrossFit. Today I did 8 rotations of 10x72lb Kettlebell Swing (2-arm), then 5 reps of L-sit to planche on the parallettes. Of course, my planches more closely resembled tucks, but I'm working on it. Yesterday I worked on handstands for about an hour, with a few cartwheels, round-offs and bridges thrown in. Today my wrists are a little sore, but I'll be back at it in a few days.
Thanks Coach!
Tyler
ps. I did a muscle-up, can I join the club? If you need a picture or video, I can probably supply you with one.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:03 PM   #2
Scott Shafer

Profile:
I have to concur. This issue of the journal made everything "click". Great resource.

--S
Old 02-02-2003, 04:35 PM   #3
Jon Pappas

Profile:
Great journal this month. Now I "get it." I knew the WOD's were carefully designed. The template article, especially the Workout Structure table is very helpful.

Give this article and the "What is Fitness?" article to the 24 hour fitness crowd and hopefully some would "get it."

I wonder how old the women is on the rope climb?

Hoover ball, will it catch on?
Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #4
Lauren Glassman

Profile:  
Tyler - I will put you on the M-up list right away?

Jon - I believe Kris, the woman on the rope, is 64 years old! She is a stud!

Hoover ball? - my dog Athena cannot get enough!

Thanks guys!
Lauren