CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 03-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
Barry Cooper
I got to thinking about this whole competition thing, and rings in particular, and it occurred to me a number of good things would happen if CrossFit affiliates were to periodically host competitions.

It seems to me part of the reason that few adults take up gymnastics is competition, such as it is, is really just for die-hard ex-gymnasts who can't stand the thought of giving it up completely.

There are O-lifting competitions. Powerlifting competitions, running competitions, track and field, Highland Games, etc.

The main reason I started doing the H-Games was to give me some target for my weightlifting. Go out and mix it up a bit.

I think any gym that sponsors any sort of competition raises awareness of themselves, and potentially could bring in outside people. I think the Deadlift/Pullup thing in Philadelphia is a great idea.

Another possibility would be All Around Weightlifting types of comps. Inman Quarter mile, 1 handed barbell snatches, Bent presses, etc. Rope Climbs. Races over cargo netting. There are a lot of possibilities, and most of those types of comps would bring in non-CrossFit types. You could cross-post on other boards.

Anyway, I'm taking a step back, at this point . . .