CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-15-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
Steven Bourdage

Profile:
Quest for sub 10min Fran

I began CFing on 8/16/07

My first Fran was on 8/28/07 in 15:13 with 65lb thrusters
My second Fran was 10/16 attempted as Rxd and pulled my shoulder pretty bad. was down and out for 3 weeks. I underestimated Fran. I still did WOD's but had to modify and create my own, I had to exclude most shoulder work.
My third Fran was yesterday, 11/15/07 in 6:29, again 65lb thrusters.

Huge PR for me and it shows i have been really busting my ***. Im also still new to CF so i know the gains come quick and big still.

So here is my quest for sub 10min fran. I will follow the WODs on the main page and scale as needed. I am working on cleaning up my diet which has already improved tremendously. Everytime Fran comes up on the main page I will do her and add 5lbs from my previous fran. That is IF...and only IF i was able to complete the previous fran in under 10 minutes.

So next time fran comes up i will do 70lb thrusters. If i dont finish in under 10min ill stay at that weight for the next fran...and so on and so forth. If done in under 10 min the next fran will be at 75lbs...

so i need 6 more frans in under 10 mins to reach 95lbs as prescribed. I estimate Fran once every 6weeks so that puts me at 36 weeks until my sub 10min fran. July 2008 Fran will be mine.

That seems so far away, but when i think of how i felt when i attempted fran as rxd, i know im being realistic.

Please feel free to analyze/critique my plan....I appreciate any and all feedback.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
Keith Brown

Profile:
Re: Quest for sub 10min Fran

I think with DETERMINATION like that and a plan, you will succeed before your deadline. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Greg Privitera

Profile:
Re: Quest for sub 10min Fran

How much do you weigh? What's your 3rm front squat and pushpress?

I think maybe with a bit of specialization to get your max strength up, the reps will be easy.