CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #41
Wade Smith

Profile:
Re: Blair's I should have a log since I don't like logs log.

Hey Blair!

Good job thoroughly recording your workouts in your w-log thread. Keep up the good work.

I just sent you a PM regarding a new Sac-area CF affil opening up soon.

--Wade
Old 08-07-2008, 01:30 AM   #42
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

I'm trying to Wade. I kind of slacked off a bit there from recording it right after I got home, when it's still fresh in memory.

Yeah, I got your PM and another from the guy in Roseville.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:09 AM   #43
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Got in, was gonna be a short workout since I got tied up with phone calls and errands before I left that ate more time than I thought it would.

My rings came in. I'll be doing a review shortly, but I want to get on and play with Tyler's again as I don't recall some of how they felt. I do still remember how the Powermax and Rogue's feel. I got in and did some dips and levers but that was about it. However, tomorrow would be a BW workout day.

Managed to do my WU and the Burgener WU. Physically, I move through the muscle snatch really slow. I can try to move as fast as I want but I believe this is due to a lack of flexibility and tight chest area. I've added cuban DB presses in the WU and end (like wrist stuff) as a hope it will fix some of that tightness in the external rotation. Being slow in the muscle snatch and that rotation will probably limit myself in the snatch I'm thinking. SDHP with just a bar did aggravate a bit toward the top of the pull. That totals 197. No wonder why it seemed like a ****load of weight. I have never, to this day held that much weight above my head as my C&J in HS was 170-180ish. Especially as I'm only pressing 2/3rds of that lately.

That was just about it. I racked BW roughly to see if I could OHS it, got under, stood for awhile because I wasn't confident I could squat in it. That pretty much wrapped up my time. Ohh, wait it wasn't BW, it was bar+20kg on each side, 10kg on each side and 10 pound training plates. My math sucked. I thought it was correct compared to when I had 20 and 15kg plates on each side till I noticed it looked a little heavy. Wait a sec, that's the same thing. Grip was between press and snatch grip by just getting under the rack and standing up.

I am extremely envious of Allison's percentage with this and am hoping one day to match it. That would equal 220ish. Of course she is an Elite CFer, but it just sounds cool. Kind of like back in HS when I wanted to hit my dad's max squat ratio of 315@120. I think that was it.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:35 AM   #44
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

So I'm really close on doing muscle-ups again. I hit the bottom but pushing out of it, isn't happening. It will as I get my BW strength back up, just in case next year there is MU and HSPU like Rog wanted. I've been doing low dips turned out to help just sitting in the bottom for a few seconds before pressing out.

Today was about 25m of bike riding before I got into the gym. I knew it wasn't gonna be much and half thought of just staying home and doing a workout at home but figured I doubt I would get in Sunday ( and it doesn't look like it since there it the Tommy Kono invitational to go to and probably absorb as much about Oly lifting as I can ). There was also a time where I got to play Superman yesterday and I'm definitely feeling that in my knees and shoulders right now.

Today was a DL workout and I managed to get this in after my usual WU. I meant to do push presses after the DL but ran out of time and was asleep after I got home fairly quick. Maybe I will do some tonight then for reps instead.

1. 133x10 regular grip. These were even tough and required some moaning and groaning. I knew 300+ was not going to be in sight.

2. 223x10 where I changed grip using a mixed grip every rep after putting the weight down. These were tough.

3. 243x4 same as above. So 2 with each type of mixed grip.

4. 263x4. I was originally going to do the last reps with a regular grip but didn't think it was going to happen as tough as it was to pick it off the ground in mixed grip.

That's all folks. I have some thoughts about doing some swimming, since I didn't after workout. Some swimming, and maybe some gymnastics and push presses. Sunday will probably be going to the meet and maybe I'll go running or sprinting and hang the rings on the football standards.

For rest, I think I'm just going to take a rest day whenever I feel I need it. It is too crazy trying to get gymnastics, sprinting, some casual swimming besides my other activities in during the week besides the 3 days of MWF lifting per week.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #45
Wade Smith

Profile:

Sounds like you are locked and loaded for the CF Games next year.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:48 AM   #46
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

A Total of 1000 is far off and maybe never possible, but I could see getting close to 900.

Muscle-ups are back on the menu. Woohoo! It's been a long time since I could deadhang MU. I had been getting stuck at the transition or pushing out of the bottom the last week or two.

I'm fairly rested right now as I didn't workout Sat or Sun, just sleeping in tonight and biking to training yesterday. Unfortunately I missed the Kono seminar and tourney due to some unforseen circumstances.

On one attempt I held a front lever at somewhere between 15 and 30 degrees for 1-2s. Back lever for 10+seconds.

Woo. yay, running day.err.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:48 PM   #47
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Workouts are much better when I have 1hour+.

Did my usual WU, moved on to Burgener WU 3x with PVC, 3x with Oly bar (20kg, I think ).

tried some MU on the rings from the ceiling. I hate those rings as how they are setup and missed some, bending the crap outta my wrist and catching on my bicep before pressing out. another set of powermax rings from the pullup bar was much cleaner, but it still felt weak in the push out of, which makes sense cause of the 5 from last night. I had thought about doing more, but no need to overtrain.

snatch 5 reps at 89 pounds

5 reps at 111 pounds

clean 5 reps at 133 pounds, last 2 with a split jerk x2, 1 on each side.

Focused on staying on the balls of my feet, bar close to body and popping the hip. I originally thought about snatching 133, but worked on clean instead since I didn't do any cleans last Oly workout.

Finished off with 2 snatch grip BW OHS, failing on 3rd at the bottom. Then did 1 with a clean grip after a rest. First time I failed that.

I was going to do a workout with thrusters but time was short. Would have had the time if I didn't yack about diet and nutrition with the trainer earlier before snatching.

I had envisioned max BS thrusters, max 3/4 BW, max 1/2, max 1/4. Maybe with 30 or 60s breaks. Sounds fun. I want to call it Thrusterdom or DeathbyThrusters.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:25 PM   #48
Melissa Urban

Profile:

Continuing from Wade's log...

Your OH bicycle carry is bad-a$$. I promise next time I'm at the track, I'm just going to FIND something and carry it around over my head in your honor. Maybe it'll be one of the old ladies I always see moseying around in slow circles. I bet I can clean and jerk an old lady... They're all pretty tiny.

Melissa
Old 08-14-2008, 01:23 AM   #49
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Actually it means I should have tire-guards. And not try a " shortcut " that turned out to be a busy road where I had to go through the bushes because there were so many cards. Going through those bushes ending in 2 flats. Running in sandals, icing on the cake.

But I really hate walking a bike. It's ridiculously slow. It's more boring than long walks for exercise.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:58 AM   #50
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Gymnastics workout 8-12

Highlights:
HS for 1:11. Finally over a minute. Haven't done a lot of gymnastics in general since working out at CFSac and one gymnastic workout I think since. Before I was around 45-50, so that's a good bump.
12 Dead hang pullups. Last one was a tough one. Last week I maxed at 11. Still progressing so that's good.
10 Ring dips, barely. Had to really push and wiggle through the last. Rings turning in as well. I tried to work on rings turned out and got 1 perfect rep but this was after the ME set.
Starting to play with Advanced Tuck front lever. Interesting, I felt it more in my grip and forearms than anywhere else. 10 or 11s.
Back levers still cause discomfort to right elbow. 10 or 11s. Stronger elbows will help.
9 pistols each leg. Ehh, however I can hold the bottom rock solid now and I've barely practiced that at all lately.
Bunch of other positions. Reverse Hyper hold, I couldn't figure out hip extension right so I did bent leg good mornings that open the hip out. A GHD would be nice. BW glute ham is poor but positioning is weird on my setup. Forgot to do straddle L but did a Ring L for 30s. Lame, but was tired. Tuck planches not working after those ME dips. Some days I can do it and some days it's hopeless...weird.

I definitely need to organize my gymnastics workouts in some fashion. There is no way I can do position strength with some dynamic strength 2 or 3x a week and progress on rings and mushroom as well. Or hand in hand with 3 days of lifting and some running in there. I'm thinking I will rotate gymnastics days at home as basics, rings, and mushroom. Still I need to hit the rings and mushroom more often. Perhaps basics days I will include a metcon and do rings and mushroom every or every other day, 20-30 minutes. Mushroom will be less tiring I think.