CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Richard N Jones

Profile:
advice opening new crossfit gym

first of all i would like to say hi to you all,.
i have been reading these forums for a number of months now, and i finally going to ask for some help/advice, i am a 34 yr old male from wales uk, and class myself as reasonably fit and strong, in the last year i have lost 6 stone in weight -stopped smoking- and look quite good. my fitness levels are quite good, and i work out 4 days a week,.
here in my home town we have no crossfit gyms, the nearest 1 being 2 hours drive,. so i took the steps of applying for a buisness grant for sport facilities in our area.and i am due to meet bosses later this week,. they have said that they will get me trained to be a qualified crossfit instructer-pay for equiptment, and help with finding a suitable building,.
i was wondering if anyone could give some tips /pointers ,
I lost 6 stone doing crossfit excersises, so i would like to show others the fantastic excersises
Old 06-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: advice opening new crossfit gym

Do you have any experience coaching or programming? Getting yourself in better shape doesn't say anything about your ability to coach others.

How about any experience running a business? Most affiliate owners will tell you that it's the million little headaches that make things hard, not the coaching stuff. Accounting, leases, utilities, maintaining supplies, cleaning the gym, tracking inventory and clients, etc. will wear you out if you're not on top of them.